Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need help installing my sound card

26 May 2010   #1
mienboix2

windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit(6.1, Build 7600)
 
 
Problem Resolved! Close Thread.

PROBLEM RESOLVED! CLOSE THREAD!

Hi.
Well i decided to use my old sound card that was on my XP computer and put it into my Windows 7 computer. The problem is when i tried to install it, i get this error:

My computer detected that my sound card is a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio so i tried to download the most recent one that supported windows 7. I havent used this sound card in 2-3 years and i dont have the disk to do a regular installment. When i dont put this sound card into my computer, there is sound that is ATI High Definition Audio Device. When i put the sound card into my computer, there is no sound at all. Can anyone help me on installing this sound card? Once again its a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (thats what my computer detected it as).


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 May 2010   #2
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Hiya and welcome to the forums. Have you had a looky here pal .... Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio win7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #3
fireberd

Windows 7/10 64 bit
 
 

This Creative Worldwide Support > PCI Express X-Fi Xtreme Audio is what I see on the Creative site as the driver for your card. Is this the one you've tried?

However, when you first started Windows 7, after installing the card, did Windows find the new hardware and search for drivers? If not, that would say that the card is not being detected and probably why you are getting the error you are getting. Also check the Device Manager to see if it's been detected, and what error is shown.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 May 2010   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mienboix2 View Post
Hi.
Well i decided to use my old sound card that was on my XP computer and put it into my Windows 7 computer. The problem is when i tried to install it, i get this error:

My computer detected that my sound card is a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio so i tried to download the most recent one that supported windows 7. I havent used this sound card in 2-3 years and i dont have the disk to do a regular installment. When i dont put this sound card into my computer, there is sound that is ATI High Definition Audio Device. When i put the sound card into my computer, there is no sound at all. Can anyone help me on installing this sound card? Once again its a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (thats what my computer detected it as).
When you installed the driver, did you install it in compatibility mode?
(right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS)

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #5
steve-pressman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - OEM Service Pack 1
 
 

Did you turn off the on board sound card in the Bios ? I had this problem in a previous rig turned it off in the bios and it installed after that.


Steve
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #6
mienboix2

windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit(6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

@PooMan UK: yeah. thats the driver i downloaded but it wont let me install. I keep getting the same error.
@fireberd: yeah. I also tried those. Still got the same error.
@zigzag3143: i tried to install it in compatibility mode. Still get the same error.
@steve-pressman: i just turned off the onboard sound card in the Bios, but i still get the same error.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #7
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mienboix2 View Post
@PooMan UK: yeah. thats the driver i downloaded but it wont let me install. I keep getting the same error.
@fireberd: yeah. I also tried those. Still got the same error.
@zigzag3143: i tried to install it in compatibility mode. Still get the same error.
@steve-pressman: i just turned off the onboard sound card in the Bios, but i still get the same error.

I agree that it's probably not being detected, could well be a hardware incompatibility as in a direct address or IRQ error. At this point I don't -think- any driver will make a difference.

Is that a PCIe card? Do you have another slot to try it in?

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #8
mienboix2

windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit(6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mienboix2 View Post
@PooMan UK: yeah. thats the driver i downloaded but it wont let me install. I keep getting the same error.
@fireberd: yeah. I also tried those. Still got the same error.
@zigzag3143: i tried to install it in compatibility mode. Still get the same error.
@steve-pressman: i just turned off the onboard sound card in the Bios, but i still get the same error.

I agree that it's probably not being detected, could well be a hardware incompatibility as in a direct address or IRQ error. At this point I don't -think- any driver will make a difference.

Is that a PCIe card? Do you have another slot to try it in?

Ap
Its a PCI card. My motherboard only has 1 slot to try it =/. How can i check to see what kind of soundcards are compatible with my motherboard?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #9
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mienboix2 View Post
Its a PCI card. My motherboard only has 1 slot to try it =/. How can i check to see what kind of soundcards are compatible with my motherboard?

When you first installed it, did Win-7 give any indication at all that it was recognized?

Ap

p.s. do you have any other PCI slots used by other hardware?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #10
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio driver 1.04.0090



This is the driver you tired, correct?

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need help installing my sound card




Thread Tools






Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Wonder HDTV tuner cant start after installing Dynex Envy 24 sound card
Without the Dynex PCI sound card, HDTV wonder is good. Put in the Dynex card, install drivers (one exists at windows update), tuner code 10 device cant start. I suppose there is nothing to do about it? I tried uninstalling the tuner. I moved cards around in slots. Why cant the tuner...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD while installing Sound card
Hi, I would like someone to help me with this BSOD Got a BSOD while installing Creative Audigy 24Bit SB live Here's the minidump file attached.. Thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BSOD Help and Support
"HD Audio" drivers keep installing - disabling my recording sound card
My motherboard has on board audio which I disabled in my bios in order to use my recording sound card. This worked flawlessly for over 2 years. Then sometime last year Windows installed my "Missing HD Audio Driver" which disabled all sound until i enabled the on board sound in the bios again,...
Sound & Audio
Sound Card Driver Has a Dificult Time Installing
I have a HT Omega Claro sound card that I've been having problems with. One issue that I have is after I uninstall the driver and try to reinstall it. It takes several attempts to install successfully. Does this mean that the sound card is fualty? I'm not sure exactly how a driver works but...
Sound & Audio
No sound after installing new graphics card
so today after installing my new graphics card Radeon hd 4850 1gb and new 600 watt power supply i started my computer up just to see if it runs properly not plugging in everything because i was just being lazy anyways i updated the graphics card by downloading the updates from this site ATI...
Sound & Audio
No Sound from HDMI Port after installing ATI Radeon 5750 graphics card
After I installed my new graphics card physically, I switched my display to a Sony LCD TV and plugged it into the HDMI port on the graphics card. After that, I installed all included device drivers and have since updated my Catalyst drivers. Still, I don't seem to have any sound from the TV, though...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:13.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App