Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Speech Recognition won't start

28 May 2010   #1
Puffmac

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
Speech Recognition won't start

Hi there,

I'm quite interested in utilising Windows 7's speech recognition. I set up my mic, done the tutorial, and even trained my voice a couple of times. However, When I click "Start speech recognition," nothing happens! I don't get an icon in the tray, or the program itself at the top of the screen.

I've tried turning off all non-windows services and programs on startup (this was a Vista fix that I found on the net), but still nothing.

I'd really like to get this working, so any help appreciated .

Thanks,
Andrew.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 May 2010   #2
ColdIce

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Hi mate and welcome to the forum

I've heard about this problem, twice....One tried to disable UAC and it worked, the other updated his audio driver. U could try it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #3
Puffmac

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

ColdIce,

Thanks for the reply! I thought my post was going to be ignored :P. UAC is already disabled, so I guess I'm only left with option 2.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 May 2010   #4
ColdIce

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Puffmac View Post
ColdIce,

Thanks for the reply! I thought my post was going to be ignored :P. UAC is already disabled, so I guess I'm only left with option 2.
Worth the shot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #5
Puffmac

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ColdIce View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Puffmac View Post
ColdIce,

Thanks for the reply! I thought my post was going to be ignored :P. UAC is already disabled, so I guess I'm only left with option 2.
Worth the shot
Ok,

I have two sound cards, my onboard, realtek sound card, which handles my headsets, and my Sound Blaster, which handles my speakers. I updated the onboard drivers and the problem's still the same, however, I don't see the point in updating my Sound Blaster drivers, since they won't be used for the Speech Recognition anyway. Should I try it though?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #6
ColdIce

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Puffmac View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ColdIce View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Puffmac View Post
ColdIce,

Thanks for the reply! I thought my post was going to be ignored :P. UAC is already disabled, so I guess I'm only left with option 2.
Worth the shot
Ok,

I have two sound cards, my onboard, realtek sound card, which handles my headsets, and my Sound Blaster, which handles my speakers. I updated the onboard drivers and the problem's still the same, however, I don't see the point in updating my Sound Blaster drivers, since they won't be used for the Speech Recognition anyway. Should I try it though?
Try it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #7
Puffmac

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Just checked, I've already got the latest drivers for the Sound Blaster.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #8
ColdIce

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Try disabling the blaster? Maybe they are ****ing each other up on this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #9
Puffmac

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Didn't work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2012   #10
thunderbolt7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Build 7601 Service pack 1
 
 

Click on the little arrow in the lower right corner of your desktop that says " Show Hidden Icons." Then click on the microphone in the circle. There you'll have an option to turn the mic on or off
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Speech Recognition won't start




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Speech Recognition could not start
Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported. The recognizer language must match the language of the user interface. Please change the recognizer language in the Speech Recognition control panel under Advanced Options. That's my problem....
General Discussion
Speech Recognition won't start
Hi, The integrated speech recognition in Win 7 does not start after pressing the button to Start Speech Recognition in the Control Panel. It has worked a while back but now when I tried to use it today it acted like it is not even installed (displaying no error, simply not starting) All help...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App