Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't figure it out


26 Jun 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home
 
 
Can't figure it out

Hello. I recently got my new PC and with it Win 7. Everything worked great except making my sound card/speakers to work. When i plug the cables into my sound card (believe they called jack cables you know Pink/Orange/Black) there is no sound. i tried updating my sound card and looking if there where any errors (yellow exclamation marks) but every thing seems ok. But when i plug the cable in my onbourd sound it works is there a setting that i must change or maybe reinstall my sound card? thx in advance

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Jun 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by niBBit View Post
Hello. I recently got my new PC and with it Win 7. Everything worked great except making my sound card/speakers to work. When i plug the cables into my sound card (believe they called jack cables you know Pink/Orange/Black) there is no sound. i tried updating my sound card and looking if there where any errors (yellow exclamation marks) but every thing seems ok. But when i plug the cable in my onbourd sound it works is there a setting that i must change or maybe reinstall my sound card? thx in advance
Have you tried and tested all the different color jack inputs?
Mine is pale green for my speaker system.
Downloaded all the drivers or make sure it is compatible? IMO
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home
 
 

Jup tried that still no go. And also i updated all my drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Jun 2010   #4

Vista 64 Ultimate, Windows 7 64 Ultimate, Ubuntu 9.10
 
 

That card may not be your issue, check the sound icon to see if your system has DEFAULTED to the sound card built in on your 5770, this may have taken over and you would need to change it to the X-Fi Fatality then you should be fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (clean install)
 
 
Audio setup...

Open Control Panel/Sounds and under the Playback tab make sure that your configuration is showing and click on Speakers then Configure button and select for your configuration and click the Test button for sounds
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home
 
 

I have no idea what your talking about . if i go to my sound options i see a bunch of stuff like ATI HDMI Output, SPDIF OFF (Creative), Speakers, headphones, is that the place where i should be? for now my Speakers ar set as default device. if you mean that i should set my Creative sound card as the default device I've tried that already it didn't work. i could make screen shots maybe that would help but its all in dutch
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2010   #7

WinXP / Win 7 / Win 8.1 64bit Dual Boot
 
 

Make sure you have the motherboard "onboard" sound disabled. This can sometimes cause conflicts with an add in sound card. You can disable it most likely in your system BIOS.

Please rep me if this helps you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hoganth View Post
Make sure you have the motherboard "onboard" sound disabled. This can sometimes cause conflicts with an add in sound card. You can disable it most likely in your system BIOS.

Please rep me if this helps you
YES! thank you that did the trick i'm so happy right know i could kiss you :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #9

WinXP / Win 7 / Win 8.1 64bit Dual Boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by niBBit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hoganth View Post
Make sure you have the motherboard "onboard" sound disabled. This can sometimes cause conflicts with an add in sound card. You can disable it most likely in your system BIOS.

Please rep me if this helps you
YES! thank you that did the trick i'm so happy right know i could kiss you :P
Don't need a kiss but glad you got your sound going. I ran into that issue several years ago and promised myself I would never forget it.
Glad it solved your problem. That's what this forum is all about.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't figure it out




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Can't figure it out
Thread Forum
Memory RAM: I can't figure out what's using my RAM Performance & Maintenance
Solved bsod cant figure this one out BSOD Help and Support
Trying to figure out this BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Who wants to help me figure this out? Network & Sharing
Help me figure out what happend. General Discussion
figure this one out PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Figure this out for me! Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33