Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't figure it out

26 Jun 2010   #1
niBBit

Windows 7 Home
 
 
Can't figure it out

Hello. I recently got my new PC and with it Win 7. Everything worked great except making my sound card/speakers to work. When i plug the cables into my sound card (believe they called jack cables you know Pink/Orange/Black) there is no sound. i tried updating my sound card and looking if there where any errors (yellow exclamation marks) but every thing seems ok. But when i plug the cable in my onbourd sound it works is there a setting that i must change or maybe reinstall my sound card? thx in advance


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Jun 2010   #2
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by niBBit View Post
Hello. I recently got my new PC and with it Win 7. Everything worked great except making my sound card/speakers to work. When i plug the cables into my sound card (believe they called jack cables you know Pink/Orange/Black) there is no sound. i tried updating my sound card and looking if there where any errors (yellow exclamation marks) but every thing seems ok. But when i plug the cable in my onbourd sound it works is there a setting that i must change or maybe reinstall my sound card? thx in advance
Have you tried and tested all the different color jack inputs?
Mine is pale green for my speaker system.
Downloaded all the drivers or make sure it is compatible? IMO
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2010   #3
niBBit

Windows 7 Home
 
 

Jup tried that still no go. And also i updated all my drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Jun 2010   #4
fishnbanjo

Vista 64 Ultimate, Windows 7 64 Ultimate, Ubuntu 9.10
 
 

That card may not be your issue, check the sound icon to see if your system has DEFAULTED to the sound card built in on your 5770, this may have taken over and you would need to change it to the X-Fi Fatality then you should be fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2010   #5
Charbroil57

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (clean install)
 
 
Audio setup...

Open Control Panel/Sounds and under the Playback tab make sure that your configuration is showing and click on Speakers then Configure button and select for your configuration and click the Test button for sounds
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2010   #6
niBBit

Windows 7 Home
 
 

I have no idea what your talking about . if i go to my sound options i see a bunch of stuff like ATI HDMI Output, SPDIF OFF (Creative), Speakers, headphones, is that the place where i should be? for now my Speakers ar set as default device. if you mean that i should set my Creative sound card as the default device I've tried that already it didn't work. i could make screen shots maybe that would help but its all in dutch
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2010   #7
hoganth

WinXP / Win 7 / Win 8.1 64bit Dual Boot
 
 

Make sure you have the motherboard "onboard" sound disabled. This can sometimes cause conflicts with an add in sound card. You can disable it most likely in your system BIOS.

Please rep me if this helps you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2010   #8
niBBit

Windows 7 Home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hoganth View Post
Make sure you have the motherboard "onboard" sound disabled. This can sometimes cause conflicts with an add in sound card. You can disable it most likely in your system BIOS.

Please rep me if this helps you
YES! thank you that did the trick i'm so happy right know i could kiss you :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #9
hoganth

WinXP / Win 7 / Win 8.1 64bit Dual Boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by niBBit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hoganth View Post
Make sure you have the motherboard "onboard" sound disabled. This can sometimes cause conflicts with an add in sound card. You can disable it most likely in your system BIOS.

Please rep me if this helps you
YES! thank you that did the trick i'm so happy right know i could kiss you :P
Don't need a kiss but glad you got your sound going. I ran into that issue several years ago and promised myself I would never forget it.
Glad it solved your problem. That's what this forum is all about.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't figure it out




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Memory RAM: I can't figure out what's using my RAM
Hi all, I have 16gbs of ram in my desktop. It's dell, windows 7 pro x64, almost a year and a half old. The ram is 1333, 4x4, i didn't add them they were like that from dell. The problem appeared like a month ago. Something is using almost 14gbs of ram although i'm not running any huge program...
Performance & Maintenance
Is there a way i can figure out which programs to keep from my new pc?
i have an HP DM4 and theres tons of hp programs which i have no clue what they do but i also dont want any bloatware. any help
General Discussion
7 Crashes - Can't Figure It Out
Having a really strange issue with one of my 7 systems. When being used the system simply freezes. Ctrl+Alt+Delete does nothing, no HDD activity, just fans on, system frozen. Usually happens when I'm working in Excel 2007. I just replaced the Video Card of this machine with a brand new one...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD help i cant figure it out HELP!!!
Hey guys i'm just recently getting a BSOD, it just began recently after i formatted (quick format it said it was recommended for windows )my hard drive with DBAN ( Dariks Nuke and Boot), possibly before i dont recall i was having some other problems before so i decided to do a quick format on...
BSOD Help and Support
figure this one out
spec and oc as per sig Just reinstalled heatsink on cpu , removed gpus/ram/mobo reseated cpu cooler replaced mobo ram gpu's booted ok checked temps all ok , ran prime 95 blend test , system locks up reboot system locks up at loading screen
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Figure this out for me!
Hey Guys! You have helpt me before when I have had Win 7 problems, so i think its a good idear to see if you might be able to help me tsraight this issue out as well! Im gonna try to explain this as good as i can in my crappy english, so have patience ;) My friend is running on windows xp at...
Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App