|26 Aug 2010||#1|
| || |
How to run a program elevated at startup in a standard account
How to run a program elevated at startup in a standard account in Vista or later when UAC is not disabled:
We'll use a program called RunasSpc.
1. Log into a standard account and download RunasSpc.
2. Log into the admin account in which you want to run the program elevated when in the standard account.
3. In Windows Explorer, right-click on the program's .exe (the one that you want to run elevated), right-click Properties, go to Compatibility tab, and check "Run this program as an administrator."
4. Unzip RunasSpc and move the unzipped RunasSpc folder to its desired permanent location, such as within Program Files.
5. Run runasspcadmin.exe. Provide credentials for the admin account in the Username and Password fields. In the 'Path\Application.exe' field, provide the path to the program that you wish to run elevated. Click command 'Save Cryptfile'. Click 'Test Cryptfile' if you want to test that the program is launched elevated. Exit runasspcadmin. Move the saved .spc file to the desired location, perhaps to the same folder where the program to launch elevated is located.
6. Log into the standard account to use.
7. In Windows Explorer, go to the folder where the standard user's Startup folder is located. You can find this folder by right-clicking on Startup in the start menu and then choosing Properties. Right-click and choose New->Shortcut. In the Target field, enter "path of runasspc.exe" "path of cryptfile generated in step 5" /quiet. Replace the items in italics with the appropriate information.
8. Test by logging out and then back into the standard account. You should get a UAC prompt for the launching of the program, but no credentials will be asked for. The program should now be running elevated.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: How to run a program elevated at startup in a standard account|
|Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User||Tutorials|
|Standard account has problems running program||Software|
|Creating an Elevated Program Shortcut for Search Everything Program.||Software|
|Can't get subst drives to work under elevated standard account||General Discussion|
|elevated task scheduler shortcut for standard user||General Discussion|
|Standard User Account Program Access||Performance & Maintenance|
|Elevated program shortcuts - effect on startup time||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.