Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: CCleaner

03 Oct 2010   #1
ZenixNet

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
CCleaner

How do I get rid of that stupid security warning when opening CCleaner and Defraggler? I don't want to disable it for all programs, just those two.
I can't figure out how to screen cap the window (Prnt Screen doesn't work), but it's the one that's titled "User Account Control".


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Oct 2010   #2
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZenixNet View Post
How do I get rid of that stupid security warning when opening CCleaner and Defraggler? I don't want to disable it for all programs, just those two.
I can't figure out how to screen cap the window (Prnt Screen doesn't work), but it's the one that's titled "User Account Control".
Have a look at this,

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #3
deepakumar

windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

@ ZenixNet UAC doesn't make exception but if you are using Comodo Firewall then you don't get those UAC security pop-ups because you can enter the programs name which you think are safe & you use on daily basis...or the other way which none of us follow is by disabling the UAC completely....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Oct 2010   #4
deepakumar

windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZenixNet View Post
How do I get rid of that stupid security warning when opening CCleaner and Defraggler? I don't want to disable it for all programs, just those two.
I can't figure out how to screen cap the window (Prnt Screen doesn't work), but it's the one that's titled "User Account Control".
Have a look at this,

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create
Thnx Derek i wasn't aware of this info. that it can be done this way...since i'm using Comodo Firewall so never had any such issue...but Thnx again few reps for u now ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #5
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by deepakumar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZenixNet View Post
How do I get rid of that stupid security warning when opening CCleaner and Defraggler? I don't want to disable it for all programs, just those two.
I can't figure out how to screen cap the window (Prnt Screen doesn't work), but it's the one that's titled "User Account Control".
Have a look at this,

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create
Thnx Derek i wasn't aware of this info. that it can be done this way...since i'm using Comodo Firewall so never had any such issue...but Thnx again few reps for u now ...
You're welcome Deepak, There's alot of great tutorials here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #6
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZenixNet View Post
How do I get rid of that stupid security warning when opening CCleaner and Defraggler? I don't want to disable it for all programs, just those two.
I can't figure out how to screen cap the window (Prnt Screen doesn't work), but it's the one that's titled "User Account Control".
Have a look at this,

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create
I just did this and can confirm it works with CCleaner, No UAC Prompt.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #7
deepakumar

windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

I keep checking the Tutorials from time to time...but this only works with shortcut & i keep the desktop icons hidden so i cant use this options if any1 does that...but with Comodo Firewall HIPS this not an issue user has to just add the programs & have a peaceful life...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #8
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by deepakumar View Post
I keep checking the Tutorials from time to time...but this only works with shortcut & i keep the desktop icons hidden so i cant use this options if any1 does that...but with Comodo Firewall HIPS this not an issue user has to just add the programs & have a peaceful life...
I keep mine hidden too, but I put that one on the taskbar.

If your way works too then the OP has a choice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 CCleaner




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Ccleaner
Hello I was advised to use the section of Ccleaner labeled, Windows and Applications if you use; temp files, history, cookies, urls, autocomplete, recent docs, run, recycle bin and clipboard. Is this sound advise or should I just perform a disc cleanup?
Performance & Maintenance
CCleaner
After I have run "analyze" and get the list of items to be deleted, how do I remove one or two of those items?
Software
CCleaner and WMP
I think with the latest version CCleaner added detection of WMP files. Or at least I never saw them before. When I run CCleaner with WMP selected under Applications it finds over 1 million KB of Art Cache .jpg files (sample attached). Can these be safely deleted? I use iTunes as my media...
Software
Help with CCleaner
I regularly use CCleaner, probably around 3 times a week. The thing is, when it cleans out Firefox and Google Chrome, all my saved logins are gone. For example, I never log out of VF, SF or EF. My logins are saved. After using CCleaner, they aren't. Which options do I need to uncheck or check in...
Software
ccleaner help
wipe space what does this do and can it help my computer preformance
Software
Ccleaner help me!!
does it actully work, it seems that the same things keep popping up, everytime i go to use it and how often should i use the program
Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App