|17 Nov 2010||#11|
| || |
Go to Task Scheduler, Task Scheduler Library - Microsoft - Microsoft Antimalware
Select MPIdleTask, right click, select properties
In the Conditions tab, click on the dropdown and change to whatever you want.
Otherwise, just delete the task, if you dont want it running at all. Suggest you leave it enabled and change the condition so that it runs only when the computer has been idle for one hour or 2 hours.
|My System Specs|
|18 Nov 2010||#13|
| || |
As Promised this is what microsoft had to say
This issue normally occurs due to the following reasons:
1. Conflict with third party security or Firewall related program.
2. Corrupted files of Microsoft Security Essentials.
I will certainly help you to fix this issue but during the course of troubleshooting, if we find that we require assistance from any other department within or out of Microsoft, I will guide you accordingly.
To rule out the possible conflicts listed above and get a faster resolution, we shall go ahead and try the following steps:
Step 1: Uninstall third party security related programs
Step 2: Install mpfilter drivers and check the dependency services of Microsoft Security Essentials.
Step 3: Give full permissions to Microsoft Security Essentials folder and start the Real Time Protection service on your computer.
Step 4: Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials.
Note: Please try the following steps in the same order as provided above. If Step 1 did not work, please proceed to the next step. Please note down any error messages or notable changes you find as you try the steps.
Here are the steps in detail:
Remove any existing Internet security programs, Antivirus programs and Firewall related programs.
1) Click Start > All programs > Accessories > Run , type appwiz.cpl, and then press Enter.
2) In the list of installed programs, uninstall any third-party Internet security programs.
Please refer the below link to download and use Live OneCare install cleanup tool if recently uninstalled Live OneCare from your computer(if applicable):
You can also refer the below link for Third-Party Anti-Virus Software Removal tools if you recently Uninstalled/Installed the respective Third-Party Anti-Virus Software from the computer (if applicable):
Please Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Important: "Having more than one Antivirus installed at the same time can cause stability and performance problems, please uninstall all Third-Party Antivirus applications at your own discretion before installing Microsoft Security Essentials."
Please perform the below steps to install "mpfilter" drivers and check the status of "Background Intelligent Transfer service" on your computer.
Click Start > Computer OR My Computer > C:\ Drive > Program files > Microsoft Security Essentials > Drivers > mpfilter > Right click on "mpfilter" file and select Install (mpfilter is a setup file)
1) In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then press Enter.
2) In services window, please check if "Background Intelligent Transfer service" is "Started" and "Automatic".
3) If it is not "Started" and "Automatic", please right click "Background Intelligent Transfer service" and select properties.
4) Please change the Start-up type to Automatic and Click on Start button to start the service.
5) Click Apply, click ok.
6) Close the Services window.
Please perform the below steps to give full permissions to Microsoft Security Essentials folder and start the Real Time Protection service on your computer.
1) In Vista, Click Start > All programs > Accessories > Command prompt and press Enter.
2) You will get command prompt window.
3) Please type the following command in command prompt window and press Enter after each command.
Cacls "c:\program files\microsoft security essentials" /t /g administrators:f
Press "Y" to execute the above command.
Net stop msmpsvc
Net stop mpfilter
Net start mpfilter
Net start msmpsvc
4) Restart the computer and check the status of Real Time Protection.
If the issue persists, please perform the below steps to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials program on your computer.
Please follow the below instructions to download the appropriate version of the Microsoft Security Essentials for your operating system:
1. Go to the below download link:
2. Click on "Locales and Languages" Right below the Download button and you will find following three download options for different versions of operating systems
Windows XP 32-bit
Windows Vista/Windows 7 32-bit
Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit
3. Select the appropriate version of the Microsoft Security Essentials and follow the On-Screen instructions to install the Microsoft Security Essentials.
4. Restart the computer after the installation completes.
I eagerly await your response after you complete the troubleshooting steps.
Please reply to us with the status of the issue after performing these steps. If the issue was resolved, please let us know the steps (Step1, Step2, etc...) that resolved the issue. If the issue remains unresolved and if any error message pops-up while performing the above steps, please reply to this mail with the specific error message for further research. Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. We'll respond in the next 24 Hours once we get a reply from you.
I look forward to your reply.
If you have any feedback about my service, you may send an email to my manager at
email@example.com. My manager would be very happy to receive your comments and suggestions.
Thank you for choosing Microsoft Security Essentials Technical Support.
Microsoft Security Essentials Technical Support
Step 3 seemed to have cleared it for me up to now
|My System Specs|
|18 Nov 2010||#14|
| || |
If you decide to remove MSE and reinstall it, after you remove it check C:/Program Data/Microsoft folder for any left over MSE information. I had similar problems last year and these files were corrupt. They don't always get removed properly and are suppose to be overwritten during updates but may not happen correctly.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: MSE Whats this mean in event viewer|
|Event Viewer Event Log Online Help Links don't function||General Discussion|
|In Event Viewer, Where is event log for cleanmgr.exe (Disk Cleanup)?||Performance & Maintenance|
|Event Viewer Warning - Source e1yexpress - Event ID 27||General Discussion|
|WHEA-Logger event 18/19 errors in Event Viewer (W7 Home Premium)||Hardware & Devices|
|Event Viewer Error Message Event ID10 - How to get rid of it?||BSOD Help and Support|
|Event Viewer Chrashes browsing Event Logs||BSOD Help and Support|
|Event 18 WHEA-Logger Error in Event Viewer||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.