Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How often does you AV save you from an infection?


02 Jul 2009   #21

Windows 7 32bit RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TechOutsider View Post
Have been running a netbook on public, free, and unsecured wifi for a month w/o any real-time AV (no infections). Hint: online scanners.
what happens if you get infected so badly you can't even access online scanner sites ? and believe me that happens.... oh not today... but someday if you keep that up lol.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Jul 2009   #22

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
av

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TechOutsider View Post
Have been running a netbook on public, free, and unsecured wifi for a month w/o any real-time AV (no infections). Hint: online scanners.
the average time before being infected is dropping from 15 mins, to a little under 5

K
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #23
ten

XP / Windows 7 Pro RTM
 
 

It's not that bad. I haven't run AV since 1996 and have only been infected twice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Jul 2009   #24

Windows 7 Ultimate RC1 / XP Black 2009
 
 

My Antivirus informs me of anything as I'm downloading and gives me options as what i want my AV to do, mine is retail and to me worth it as i download a lot ! (all legal stuff of course )




My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #25

Windows 7 32bit RTM
 
 

sadly all that popups when downloading something gets annoying after awhile
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2009   #26

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
 
 

My Kaspersky Internet Security hasn't let me down yet

I have not had an infection since I was in XP (I think I was using avast back then.)

Only drawback from Kaspersky is it eats a lot of system resources so it's not advisable on slow systems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2009   #27
ten

XP / Windows 7 Pro RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
My Antivirus informs me of anything as I'm downloading and gives me options as what i want my AV to do, mine is retail and to me worth it as i download a lot ! (all legal stuff of course )
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by edrik View Post
My Kaspersky Internet Security hasn't let me down yet

I have not had an infection since I was in XP (I think I was using avast back then.)

Only drawback from Kaspersky is it eats a lot of system resources so it's not advisable on slow systems.
Glad to hear that but that wasn't the question.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2009   #28

 

Never.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How often does you AV save you from an infection?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: How often does you AV save you from an infection?
Thread Forum
Solved Cannot save excel files in a redirected folder unles I use save as Network & Sharing
Solved Media Player 12 will not save song files or save/keep changes Music, Pictures & Video
how do i modify sidebar word 2010 save as save in Microsoft Office
Solved Residual File Names in Save/Save As Dialog Boxes General Discussion
Setting default save location to last save folder General Discussion
SAVE as .. SAVE button missing in Save Dialog (solved) General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33