Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Fake program Anti-malware

01 Mar 2011   #1
reborn7778

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Fake program Anti-malware

Sady news, i found a fake program called AntiMalware GO from my old computer windows XP, but i was gave to my little sister, so i have tried remove from program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but they don't let me open it, it is from fake antimalware, how are they build that fake. Geez. so my old computer is very old, and seem weak, since 6 years, from my my birthday, my dad brought for me. it is completed destroy. i hate fake program.

I have a tried way other, but found this link, still don't work, Remove AntiMalware Go (Uninstall Guide)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Mar 2011   #2
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reborn7778 View Post
Sady news, i found a fake program called AntiMalware GO from my old computer windows XP, but i was gave to my little sister, so i have tried remove from program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but they don't let me open it, it is from fake antimalware, how are they build that fake. Geez. so my old computer is very old, and seem weak, since 6 years, from my my birthday, my dad brought for me. it is completed destroy. i hate fake program.

I have a tried way other, but found this link, still don't work, Remove AntiMalware Go (Uninstall Guide)
Run Malwarebytes in safe mode with networking
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #3
reborn7778

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reborn7778 View Post
Sady news, i found a fake program called AntiMalware GO from my old computer windows XP, but i was gave to my little sister, so i have tried remove from program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but they don't let me open it, it is from fake antimalware, how are they build that fake. Geez. so my old computer is very old, and seem weak, since 6 years, from my my birthday, my dad brought for me. it is completed destroy. i hate fake program.

I have a tried way other, but found this link, still don't work, Remove AntiMalware Go (Uninstall Guide)
Run Malwarebytes in safe mode with networking
I have a tried that, it is don't work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Mar 2011   #4
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reborn7778 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reborn7778 View Post
Sady news, i found a fake program called AntiMalware GO from my old computer windows XP, but i was gave to my little sister, so i have tried remove from program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but they don't let me open it, it is from fake antimalware, how are they build that fake. Geez. so my old computer is very old, and seem weak, since 6 years, from my my birthday, my dad brought for me. it is completed destroy. i hate fake program.

I have a tried way other, but found this link, still don't work, Remove AntiMalware Go (Uninstall Guide)
Run Malwarebytes in safe mode with networking
I have a tried that, it is don't work.
Remove the Fake AV using a Rescue Disk
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...t-rescue-disk/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #5
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

If the links that yowanvista gave you don't work, you could also try tips from this thread:

Here’s a Super Simple Trick to Defeating Fake Anti-Virus Malware

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #6
richyrichuk

Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit
 
 

u do know malwarebytes has an assassin tool and removes on restart? never had it fail on me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #7
Orbital Shark

 
 

There's a simple way to remove Fake AV programs but it takes some timing

Here's a simple (or not) guide for you...

1, Turn off then boot the machine
2, The instant you see the desktop appear, right-click the Taskbar and select Task Manager
Note   Note
It is imperative that you're quick, most (if not all) Fake AV will disable the Task Manager as soon as it's loaded into memory

3, In Task Manager, processes tab, right-click any suspect entry and select 'End Process Tree'
Tip   Tip
The processes to End will no doubt be associated with 'Antimalware Go'


Now that the process has been killed you will need to get yourself back online...

Open up Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options and select the 'Connections' tab, then click 'Lan Settings' as indicated below

Name:  IE Connections.PNG
Views: 4
Size:  50.8 KB

Make sure that the 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' is unchecked as indicated below

Name:  IE Lan Settings.PNG
Views: 3
Size:  64.1 KB

You should then be able to systematically and manually remove the files associated with Antimalware Go. These will likely be...

File Locations
%userprofile%\Appdata\Temp
Program files\Antimalware Go

Registry Locations
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random].exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\[random]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random].exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PhishingFilter “Enabled” = “0?
Note   Note
[random] means that it'll no doubt be a completely random selection of letters & numbers


After all this, download MalwareBytes and run a full system scan then reboot your machine.

Hope this helps.


OS


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Fake program Anti-malware




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Changing File Decription for link to Malware Bytes Anti-Malware
Have been using Win 7 Ultimate x64 for quite a while but tonight ran into a small problem. I like to keep the titles for links very short and want to rename "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" (I am a registered, paid user) to simply "Malwarebytes". I am listed as an Administrator and I used LockHunter to...
System Security
best anti-malware anti-spyware-antieverything?
just clean installed windows 7, looking for just a couple anti- things to keep EVERYTHING clean, dont mind paying already have Avast! so an anti-vvirus program isnt needed, thanks for the help guys
System Security
Test your anti-malware/anti-virus protection with EICAR
As many of you know(quite a few don't) what EICAR is, this is a open poll to see what programs pick it up and what programs fail the basic tests. I am conducting this poll because A-Squared failed to see this on a scan, but MSE picked it up before it could be downloaded. So after you take...
System Security
Anti-malware, Anti-virus, Anti-spyware
First of all i would like to apologize if this topic is in wrong category, or it should not even be asked on this site. And second of all, please be patience :) i'm a noob looking for answers :o So whats all about? Well i'm meeting new terms here and i have no idea what they mean and what they do....
System Security
How to Remove Win 7 Anti-Spyware 2011 (Fake Anti-Virus Infections)
How to Remove Win 7 Anti-Spyware 2011 (Fake Anti-Virus Infections) Source ...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App