Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Program

06 Mar 2011   #1
valpal

Windows 7 32bit
 
 
Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Program

I need help desperately with something. I am trying to set task scheduler in windows to run mrt at a certain time each week. What I am trying to do is set mrt to auto start and scan without me having to do anything. I need to do this for work because there are about 15 pc's that need to run the program when no one is there including me. What I have been trying is setting a task with this command C:\windows\system32\mrt.exe /F , But all it does is bring up the screen to click next to start a full scan. Can anyone help me set task scheduler to auto start mrt to scan the pc? Any help I would appreciate.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Mar 2011   #2
Greg S

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valpal View Post
I need help desperately with something. I am trying to set task scheduler in windows to run mrt at a certain time each week. What I am trying to do is set mrt to auto start and scan without me having to do anything. I need to do this for work because there are about 15 pc's that need to run the program when no one is there including me. What I have been trying is setting a task with this command C:\windows\system32\mrt.exe /F , But all it does is bring up the screen to click next to start a full scan. Can anyone help me set task scheduler to auto start mrt to scan the pc? Any help I would appreciate.
Have you tried adding the /Q switch to it? Quite Mode
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #3
valpal

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valpal View Post
I need help desperately with something. I am trying to set task scheduler in windows to run mrt at a certain time each week. What I am trying to do is set mrt to auto start and scan without me having to do anything. I need to do this for work because there are about 15 pc's that need to run the program when no one is there including me. What I have been trying is setting a task with this command C:\windows\system32\mrt.exe /F , But all it does is bring up the screen to click next to start a full scan. Can anyone help me set task scheduler to auto start mrt to scan the pc? Any help I would appreciate.
Have you tried adding the /Q switch to it? Quite Mode
Hi! Do you know if quiet mode runs a full scan and cleans anything found?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Mar 2011   #4
Greg S

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valpal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valpal View Post
I need help desperately with something. I am trying to set task scheduler in windows to run mrt at a certain time each week. What I am trying to do is set mrt to auto start and scan without me having to do anything. I need to do this for work because there are about 15 pc's that need to run the program when no one is there including me. What I have been trying is setting a task with this command C:\windows\system32\mrt.exe /F , But all it does is bring up the screen to click next to start a full scan. Can anyone help me set task scheduler to auto start mrt to scan the pc? Any help I would appreciate.
Have you tried adding the /Q switch to it? Quite Mode
Hi! Do you know if quiet mode runs a full scan and cleans anything found?
Try this
The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows XP

I haven't tried the switches, but it appears that you can use /Q /F:Y
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Program




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Malicious Software Removal Tool - Updates
Hello. Windows 7 (Pro 64-bit) keeps offering me updates for this. I don't use it as I have a paid-for 3rd party security app. Where is it hidden (I can't find it on the machine) and how can I stop Windows offering updates for it? Regards, Cheemag
Windows Updates & Activation
Malicious software removal tool ?
Malicious software removal tool x64 how does someone run it manually ?
System Security
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Hello All, I have noticed that when the Windows update is done, it downloads the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. However I can't find it. Can someone tell me where it is. Thanks RalphG.:)
System Security
Malicious Software Removal Tool
How to Download and Use Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool This will show you how to open and use the Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) to manually run scans for and automatically remove malicious software in XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. For more information and...
Tutorials
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
what is Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and when dose it run or do i have to run it to scan my pc
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App