Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: w7 firewall enhance usability

15 Mar 2011   #1

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 
w7 firewall enhance usability

hi

i don't want to install another firewall
i guess the built in firewall in Windows 7 is good enough

but i would like to enhance the usability of Windows 7 fireall

i downloaded BiniSoft.net - Ridiculously easy-to-use software windows firewall control

but i was a bit disappointed

i would like a small tool with a shell extension(right click) to block or allow a program to connect to the net
is there a free solution ?

thanks
cheers

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Mar 2011   #2

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drugo View Post
hi

i don't want to install another firewall
i guess the built in firewall in Windows 7 is good enough

but i would like to enhance the usability of Windows 7 fireall

i downloaded BiniSoft.net - Ridiculously easy-to-use software windows firewall control

but i was a bit disappointed

i would like a small tool with a shell extension(right click) to block or allow a program to connect to the net
is there a free solution ?

thanks
cheers
I have a license for Windows 7 Firewall Control : Sphinx Software . They have a free version but I've never tried it. For the past six months, I haven't even used the Windows Firewall Control Plus since I now have Win 7 firewall setup the way I want it. At one time, there was another app by the same or similar name which added a tray icon for creating rules on the fly. Most folks liked it but it always generated a .net error for me wouldn't work right. Hmm, in searching for the link to it, I now see that it's been updated. Maybe I'll give it another try.
Windows Firewall Control 2.2 - Changelog - Softpedia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2011   #3

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Hi drugo Windows even Firewall can be customised/configured quite extensively and how to is explained in the very good tutorials posted by our Administrator Brink.

please read > http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/542-windows-firewall-add-remove-exception.html?filter[2]=Security
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Mar 2011   #4

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S View Post

I have a license for Windows 7 Firewall Control : Sphinx Software . They have a free version but I've never tried it. For the past six months, I haven't even used the Windows Firewall Control Plus since I now have Win 7 firewall setup the way I want it. At one time, there was another app by the same or similar name which added a tray icon for creating rules on the fly. Most folks liked it but it always generated a .net error for me wouldn't work right. Hmm, in searching for the link to it, I now see that it's been updated. Maybe I'll give it another try.
Windows Firewall Control 2.2 - Changelog - Softpedia
yes about windows firewall control
Quote:
i downloaded BiniSoft.net - Ridiculously easy-to-use software windows firewall control
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
Hi drugo Windows even Firewall can be customised/configured quite extensively and how to is explained in the very good tutorials posted by our Administrator Brink.

please read > http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/542-windows-firewall-add-remove-exception.html?filter[2]=Security
thanks
really a cool tutorial
i would love to have a shell extension to block or allow a program
click on the exe , right mouse -> block it
i would be cool
thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2011   #5

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drugo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S View Post

I have a license for Windows 7 Firewall Control : Sphinx Software . They have a free version but I've never tried it. For the past six months, I haven't even used the Windows Firewall Control Plus since I now have Win 7 firewall setup the way I want it. At one time, there was another app by the same or similar name which added a tray icon for creating rules on the fly. Most folks liked it but it always generated a .net error for me wouldn't work right. Hmm, in searching for the link to it, I now see that it's been updated. Maybe I'll give it another try.
Windows Firewall Control 2.2 - Changelog - Softpedia
yes about windows firewall control
Quote:
i downloaded BiniSoft.net - Ridiculously easy-to-use software windows firewall control
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
Hi drugo Windows even Firewall can be customised/configured quite extensively and how to is explained in the very good tutorials posted by our Administrator Brink.

please read > http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/542-windows-firewall-add-remove-exception.html?filter[2]=Security
thanks
really a cool tutorial
i would love to have a shell extension to block or allow a program
click on the exe , right mouse -> block it
i would be cool
thanks
Windows 7 Firewall Control : Sphinx Software has a shell extension but I can't remember the features of it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2011   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x32 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
Windows 7 Firewall Control : Sphinx Software has a shell extension but I can't remember the features of it.
Keep in mind that version FREE of mentioned by you Windows 7 Firewall Control from Sphinx Software - does NOT offer outbound protection for System/Core application which in fact does mean that files/applications/services within Windows (Windows/system) directories are unprotected by Free version of this firewall.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 w7 firewall enhance usability




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: w7 firewall enhance usability
Thread Forum
Solved Can anyone help me how to enhance the speed?? Performance & Maintenance
Boots fast but networking seems to lock up usability for a few minutes Network & Sharing
Enhance old DVD Music, Pictures & Video
VIA HD AUDIO DECK!! how to Enhance?? Sound & Audio
Lttle know beta apps enhance Gmails usability Browsers & Mail
AquaSnap Enhance your productivity without slowing down your PC Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33