|16 May 2011||#1|
* Firefox Cookies
- Firefox 4.0 uses an updated version of the SQLite database library which included features not supported by WinPatrol. We've updated our SQLite code to support Firefox 4.0 users.
* Duplicate WinPatrols
- Some 64-bit users reported duplicate WinPatrol entries in the startup programs list. This has been fixed. I've also updated the check box on the Options tab so you can initialization how WinPatrol is set to start.
* Provided Cloud Privacy Option
- While I'm satisfied with our implemenation of data collected when you keep or remove a program many of your friends using WinPatrol are obviously concerned about privacy. You may uncheck the option to share decisions. This may also reduce complaints by Firewall programs. Most firewall programs are happy as long as you let them know that WinPatrol.exe and WinPatrolEx.exe are safe. Even if you don't participate in sharing your choices, PLUS members will still have useful Cloud data available when checking PLUS Info.
* X64 Run Duplicates
- Reduced confusion when applications included their RUN registry in both the WOW64 key and legacy RUN key. Both entries will be displayed when "Display Secret Startup locations" is checked.
* First Detected Sort
- I finally fixed a long time bug in how Startup Programs are sorted. I apoligize that more date for formats are not supported at this time. I know this is important to friends outside the U.S. but security features have taken priority.
* User Interface
- Some fonts have been tweaked to make sure all information is available.
* Digital Signiture
- Updated Code Signing Digitial Signiture v3 now valid until June 2012
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
Winpatrol on Win 7 !!
I have been an avid user of winpatrol on winXP and I had found it to be extremely useful. I am now on win 7 and I find that UAC is performing functions similar to that of winpatrol. The UAC prompts you if any file on the hard drive is being changed. Is it ,therefore, necessary to install winpatrol...
WinPatrol 2011 has been released. In addition to fixing a couple of bugs with 64-bit operating systems, with the release of WinPatrol 2011, Scotty is monitoring additional information in Active Tasks. WinPatrol 2011 ...
MSE & Winpatrol
Im running win7 64, ie-9, uac is on, 7 firewall, MSE-2, and Winpatrol free. Is Winpatrol suporting ie-9, and will any apps conflict with each other? Also is it worth it to upgrade Winpatrol to plus? Thank you.
Winpatrol and UAC
Once again the dreaded UAC problem. I can't stop WinPatrolEx always asks for permission to run unless I turn off UAC. As UAC seems to be global I, how do I get rid of the UAC 'nag' for a specific program? Clearly its whole object is defeated if I turn it off globally so is it really any use?. I've...
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:47.