Some folk say this tool is outdated, not so in my experience. If I had £pound for every time it has removed a nasty, simply and efficiently without the need for multiple scans, safe mode, etc, I'd be a lucky fellow. It takes a couple of minutes to use and will often rid you of a browser hijacker or unwanted search toolbar with little fuss...
Always worth a try for this type of thing, before you get the big guns out.
1. Download HijackThis *executable (no installer)*
2. Create a restore point, close any open programs, Explorer, etc, and then run the executable
3. Click Scan at bottom-left, and wait
4. Check down the list for the item you want to remove and check the box next to it (you may have to do a little research here if the name is not obvious)
5. Click "Fix Checked" and follow the prompts
Hopefully it can help you with this?