Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Norton Anti virus 2011

26 Jun 2011   #21
dreamer

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

ah ok thanks for the replies....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2011   #22
Shadowjk

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 ; Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
 
 

I strongly recommend only having 1 AV Installed at one time as this may cause performance issues and maybe false detection for both AV's
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2011   #23
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowjk View Post
I strongly recommend only having 1 AV Installed at one time as this may cause performance issues and maybe false detection for both AV's
I have found having Malwarebytes installed along with NIS2011 useful.
I use the free version of Malwarebytes so only run manual updates and manual scans. It recently picked something Norton missed which I don't believe was a false positive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2011   #24
techmonkey74

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit-HP OEM SP1 Installed
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowjk View Post
I strongly recommend only having 1 AV Installed at one time as this may cause performance issues and maybe false detection for both AV's
I have found having Malwarebytes installed along with NIS2011 useful.
I use the free version of Malwarebytes so only run manual updates and manual scans. It recently picked something Norton missed which I don't believe was a false positive.
Malwarebytes is not a AV it's an anti Malware & since you use the free version it does not have real time protection so it plays well with NIS 2011. That being said having more that one anti MALWARE PLUS a AV is usually a good idea. Usually the free on demand anti malware (no real time protection) will work fine with anti-virus protection that do use real time protection
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2011   #25
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

I use NIS 2011 and Malwarebytes Pro and use realtime protection on both. Malwarebytes was designed and tested to run in realtime with other AV products.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2011   #26
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by techmonkey74 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowjk View Post
I strongly recommend only having 1 AV Installed at one time as this may cause performance issues and maybe false detection for both AV's
I have found having Malwarebytes installed along with NIS2011 useful.
I use the free version of Malwarebytes so only run manual updates and manual scans. It recently picked something Norton missed which I don't believe was a false positive.
Malwarebytes is not a AV it's an anti Malware & since you use the free version it does not have real time protection so it plays well with NIS 2011. That being said having more that one anti MALWARE PLUS a AV is usually a good idea. Usually the free on demand anti malware (no real time protection) will work fine with anti-virus protection that do use real time protection
Have a look here:
Malware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or
Defining Malware: FAQ
or
AVG Blogs | AVG Product Team
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Norton Anti virus 2011




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Norton Anti virus 2011
Thread Forum
Solved $2 Norton Anti-Virus - Too good to be true? System Security
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 System Security
What is the Best anti-virus for 2011? System Security
How to Remove Win 7 Anti-Spyware 2011 (Fake Anti-Virus Infections) System Security
AVG Anti-Virus Free 2011 System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App