Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Botnet Removal


29 Jul 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Botnet Removal

Trend micros RUbotted is telling me i have 2 botnets, i have no idea how to remove them or where to start looking to find them. Can someone post some advice?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jul 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lewis View Post
Trend micros RUbotted is telling me i have 2 botnets, i have no idea how to remove them or where to start looking to find them. Can someone post some advice?

sure how abt some system specs, and some idea of what anti virus you are using

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
sure how abt some system specs, and some idea of what anti virus you are using

Ken
Windows 7 build 7100, Eset antivirus v4.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Jul 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
Removing Bots

If a Bot infects your computer, the RUBotted system tray icon changes to alert you.

RUBotted system tray icon (Botted)
Because Bots are typically computer worms (malicious software that can propagate from one computer to another), you must scan and clean your computer with an effective antivirus program to remove them.
If you have an antivirus program installed, download the latest update and scan your computer. To scan and clean your computer for free, visit HouseCall online.
TrendSecure | Trend Micro™ RUBotted (Beta)

I would recommend getting some decent Virus Software as it seems what you have doesn't work, most people are using Avast on Windows 7 and it seems to do a good job.

Avast home free - Google Search
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
TrendSecure | Trend Micro™ RUBotted (Beta)

I would recommend getting some decent Virus Software as it seems what you have doesn't work, most people are using Avast on Windows 7 and it seems to do a good job.

Avast home free - Google Search
So eset should pick up botnets? Ill run a scan with avast now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #6

 

I recommend that you follow the advice of the software that you are using. From their webiste:

Because Bots are typically computer worms (malicious software that can propagate from one computer to another), you must scan and clean your computer with an effective antivirus program to remove them.

If you have an antivirus program installed, download the latest update and scan your computer. To scan and clean your computer for free, visit HouseCall online.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
I recommend that you follow the advice of the software that you are using. From their webiste:

Because Bots are typically computer worms (malicious software that can propagate from one computer to another), you must scan and clean your computer with an effective antivirus program to remove them.

If you have an antivirus program installed, download the latest update and scan your computer. To scan and clean your computer for free, visit HouseCall online.
This option does not work for me, i get an error message when trying to download them 1.4mb file that they state needs to be downloaded.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #8

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lewis View Post
This option does not work for me, i get an error message when trying to download them 1.4mb file that they state needs to be downloaded.
Are you referring to the Java message?


Attached Thumbnails
Botnet Removal-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #9

 

Download ones of these antivirus programs and run the scan to remove the bot
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ant...windows-7.aspx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #10
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

A bot is usually a "backdoor Trojan" that has control over your computer. It relays your personal information back to another domain.
What is botnet? - a definition from Whatis.com - see also: zombie army, bot network
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Botnet Removal




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Botnet Removal
Thread Forum
Microsoft Office Starter 2010 reinstall after removal plus ctr removal Microsoft Office
ISP says I have botnet System Security
Zbot, the botnet in a box Security News
R.I.P. Waledac: Undoing the damage of a botnet System Security
Vodafone distributes botnet News
Microsoft Takes Down the Waledac Botnet. Security News
The botnet ecosystem. Security News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33