Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Firewall tests

17 Sep 2011   #11

win 7 X64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FranzB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I have you tried this site?

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
Yes, i know the site and the leak test. As far as i know all firewalls fail the GRC test except ZoneAlarm which is, however, a real pain in the neck and not just inconvenient to use.
Where did mine fail?

Attachment 175729

Attachment 175730

Attachment 175731

Attachment 175732

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2011   #12

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 x2 + x86 + Windows 8.1 x64 x2
 
 

A correctly set-up Comodo firewall, and router, passes all tests in both it's own, (not surprising), and the GRC tests for me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #13

win 7 X64 Ultimate SP1
 
 
Commode Lid

Barman

I had several vulnerbilies via Commodo. But then none of my software is theirs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Sep 2011   #14

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 x2 + x86 + Windows 8.1 x64 x2
 
 

The one vulnerability I often find on systems where a good firewall is installed and configured is the WAN ping response in the router. A lot of manufacturers tend to have this set to respond by default. preventing this responce goes a long way to improving security
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #15

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit, Linux Mint Julia, in dual boot mode
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FranzB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I have you tried this site?

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
Yes, i know the site and the leak test. As far as i know all firewalls fail the GRC test except ZoneAlarm which is, however, a real pain in the neck and not just inconvenient to use.
Where did mine fail?

Attachment 175729

Attachment 175730

Attachment 175731

Attachment 175732
-------------
Those are the port scans. How about the Leak Test? Different story probably.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #16

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit, Linux Mint Julia, in dual boot mode
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
The one vulnerability I often find on systems where a good firewall is installed and configured is the WAN ping response in the router. A lot of manufacturers tend to have this set to respond by default. preventing this responce goes a long way to improving security
-------------
What about the ping test on www.h-online.com/security ? Under toolkits.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #17

Windows Seven, Ubuntu
 
 

I trust my router firewall.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 x2 + x86 + Windows 8.1 x64 x2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FranzB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
The one vulnerability I often find on systems where a good firewall is installed and configured is the WAN ping response in the router. A lot of manufacturers tend to have this set to respond by default. preventing this responce goes a long way to improving security
-------------
What about the ping test on www.h-online.com/security ? Under toolkits.
That test doesn't see a device at my address
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #19

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit, Linux Mint Julia, in dual boot mode
 
 

[QUOTE=Barman58;1582662]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FranzB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
What about the ping test on www.h-online.com/security ? Under toolkits.
That test doesn't see a device at my address
Ok.

To Bigcitycat: Trust is good but checking is better
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #20

Windows Seven, Ubuntu
 
 

Sure! I configured it. It's wpa2 with stealth ports. I have Norton internet security too. I'm just saying the best firewall is a properly configured router. At least for incoming anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Firewall tests





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Đ Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33