Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Possible Virus Issues


06 Aug 2009   #11

 

Is "Anti Virus Professional" malware?
Since I've been using xp with windows one care for the last couple of years I switched to xp-64 pro which has no support at all, I've installed OS 7 and need antivirus protection.
DOes anyone reccomend Anti Virus Professional.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Aug 2009   #12

 

I am a beta tester for Malwarebytes' Anti Malware - I searched the private rooms, and it (Anti Virus Professional) is *indeed* a malicious product. Steer clear of it.

Best bet is to get Micro$oft's Security Essentials via M$ Connect.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #13

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
I am a beta tester for Malwarebytes' Anti Malware - I searched the private rooms, and it is *indeed* a malicious product. Steer clear of it.

Best bet is to get Micro$oft's Security Essentials via M$ Connect.
You say that Malware bytes is a Malicious product?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Aug 2009   #14

 

If Malwarebytes' products were malware, I sure as hell wouldn't be beta testing for them lol.

No, I was replying to the post before me, but I'll edit my post to reflect that more clearly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #15

 
Antivirus pro

This is a virus alert for Antivirus Professional!
After installing Windows 7 on a virgin machine I downloaded and installed "Antivirus Professional" BEWARE!! This is a rogue virus!
Using Malaware I immediately saw that the registry was hijacked along with other trojans wich installed themselves on the hard drive!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #16

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
If Malwarebytes' products were malware, I sure as hell wouldn't be beta testing for them lol.

No, I was replying to the post before me, but I'll edit my post to reflect that more clearly.
i was shocked for a moment. But you cleared it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #17

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
This is a virus alert for Antivirus Professional!
After installing Windows 7 on a virgin machine I downloaded and installed "Antivirus Professional" BEWARE!! This is a rogue virus!
Using Malaware I immediately saw that the registry was hijacked along with other trojans wich installed themselves on the hard drive!
I'm attaching the log from my last Malaware scan for everyone to view:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40 Database version: 2573 Windows 6.1.7100 8/6/2009 11:43:18 PM mbam-log-2009-08-06 (23-43-18).txt Scan type: Quick Scan Objects scanned: 73346 Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 7 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 2 Registry Values Infected: 0 Registry Data Items Infected: 1 Folders Infected: 2 Files Infected: 6 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Anti-Virus Professional (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\anti-virus professional 5.0_is1 (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. Registry Values Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Data Items Infected: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChange s (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. Folders Infected: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\logs (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. Files Infected: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\Anti-Virus Professional.exe (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\noadware4_021709.na (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\nutilities.dll (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\unins000.dat (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\unins000.exe (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\UninstlDll.dll (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #18

 

Would you mind reposting the log, copying it from notepad and pasting it using either the [ quote ] & [ /quote ] tags or the [ code ] & [ /code ] tags?

First of all, that will leave all the line breaks in the log, making it a lot easier to read, and secondly, it will eliminate the black font coloring that you got (assuming you pasted from either Outlook or Word).

here is what it looks like to everyone using the Black - RC skin on these forums:

Possible Virus Issues-seven-forums-dark-skin-black-output.png

As you can see, the black font makes it nearly illegible, and the lack of line breaks makes it virtually unreadable even without the coloring....

Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #19

 
Malaware Log

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
Would you mind reposting the log, copying it from notepad and pasting it using either the [ quote ] & [ /quote ] tags or the [ code ] & [ /code ] tags?

First of all, that will leave all the line breaks in the log, making it a lot easier to read, and secondly, it will eliminate the black font coloring that you got (assuming you pasted from either Outlook or Word).

here is what it looks like to everyone using the Black - RC skin on these forums:

Attachment 21933

As you can see, the black font makes it nearly illegible, and the lack of line breaks makes it virtually unreadable even without the coloring....

Thanks.
Using Notepad..

Quote:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2573
Windows 6.1.7100

8/6/2009 11:43:18 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-06 (23-43-18).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 73346
Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 7 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 6

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Anti-Virus Professional (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\anti-virus professional 5.0_is1 (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChange s (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\logs (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\Anti-Virus Professional.exe (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\noadware4_021709.na (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\nutilities.dll (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\unins000.dat (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\unins000.exe (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti-Virus Professional\UninstlDll.dll (Rogue.Anti-VirusProfessional) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #20

Windows 7
 
 

Thank You everyone for all your help. I installed Malwarebytes, and had over 300 infected files. All issues are gone now! Thank You
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Possible Virus Issues




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Possible Virus Issues
Thread Forum
Virus problems causing network issues? System Security
Solved Storage Device Issues, virus related? System Security
One Nasty Virus (Several Issues occuring) System Security
Anti virus and shut down issues System Security
PC keeps restarting, seemingly at random, recent PSU and virus issues. BSOD Help and Support
Weird sound/video issues, possibly virus? System Security
Virus or Hard Drive issues? BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33