You don't have the Blaster Worm. Rather, it is a rogue (fake) called "Spyware Protection".
1. Since you cannot start the computer in Safe Mode with Networking
, try downloading the following files to your Mom's computer and transferring them to your machine.
2. Please download rkill from one of the following links and transfer to your Desktop: One
- Double-click rkill to run.
- A command window will open then disappear upon completion, this is normal.
- Please leave rkill on the Desktop until otherwise advised.
- Do NOT restart your computer after running rkill as the malware program(s) will start again.
If you you receive security warnings about rkill, please ignore and allow the download to continue.
3. Please transfer Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
to your desktop.
** Note **
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, be sure Quick scan is selected, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is checked, EXCEPT items in System Restore as shown in this sample:
- Click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See the Note below)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK
to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Did that solve the problem?