This is my 1st post in this forum so please bear with me.
I'm a novice and need urgent help please
My Laptop :
Dell Inspiron N4010
OS : Windows 7 SP1
Dual Boot ( Ubuntu )
My problem :
1) Gave my laptop to one of my friends and got infected with Blaster32 worm or some malware.
2) Tried to remove the worm/malware using msert.exe d/led from microsoft website in safe mode.
3) It identified around 18 infected files and I guess removed them too.
4) Restarted the PC and started browsing the internet, but it again popped up and said you are
infected with Blaster32.worm n so on.
5) After this my laptop has stopped booting into normal, safe, safe with command prompt, etc.
6) Then I tried to restore windows using the Startup recovery ( Advanced Option ) to one of the earlier restore points but I'm unable to do so coz it says "Failed to restore successfully...could not extract AGM.dll file".
7) Now I'm unable to boot windows in any mode!
8) I don't even have a recovery CD ( from Dell or any other )
9) However I since my laptop is dual boot ( Ubuntu ), I can d/l and read all my files of windows if needed.
Waiting for help desperately.