Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HDD Pasword set by me.

07 Dec 2011   #1
barbarossa2241

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 
HDD Pasword set by me.

Hi,

I went into BIOS to change the boot option and like a moron set up a password. Now I can't get rid of it. Not a very big deal........just annoying.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Dec 2011   #2
richnrockville

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Are you talking about the bios supervisor or user password.?

both can be changed to null by going to the password option and pressing enter
in each of the password set squares.

Of course if you set the supervisor password, it must be entered before you can change
any of the passwords. do this to get to the bios..

Clear?

Rich
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2011   #3
barbarossa2241

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

I did set a master one and a user one. Almost clear.......let me try
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Dec 2011   #4
barbarossa2241

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

I went into Bios and this is what I found :

user password-----not installed
master password.....not installed
HDD password.....installed (can not highlight this option to make any changes)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2011   #5
richnrockville

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by barbarossa2241 View Post
I went into Bios and this is what I found :

user password-----not installed
master password.....not installed
HDD password.....installed (can not highlight this option to make any changes)
I have never used the hdd password option. I am kind of out of answers if you can't highlight the option for HDD password changes. Is there some option when it asks you for the password for the HDD when you boot?
Or would resetting the bios to zero or reflashing the bios take that password off?

Also, of course I highly recommend that you back up anything on your hard disk before you try any messing with the password or bios.

Rich
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #6
killjoy

Win7 32 bit
 
 
Same thing happened to me...

I recall trying everything to clear the password. I looked at the bios a dozen times without finding the setting. I can't remember which setting finally fixed it, but I finally did. So like me, perhaps you haven't looked hard enough in the bios. Try again and be thorough.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #7
barbarossa2241

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richnrockville View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by barbarossa2241 View Post
I went into Bios and this is what I found :

user password-----not installed
master password.....not installed
HDD password.....installed (can not highlight this option to make any changes)
I have never used the hdd password option. I am kind of out of answers if you can't highlight the option for HDD password changes. Is there some option when it asks you for the password for the HDD when you boot?
Or would resetting the bios to zero or reflashing the bios take that password off?

Also, of course I highly recommend that you back up anything on your hard disk before you try any messing with the password or bios.

Rich
I'll leave it like this now b/c do not want to create problems for myself. It's courios .......it let's you create a passowrd and then you can not disable it. Weird indeed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #8
barbarossa2241

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
I recall trying everything to clear the password. I looked at the bios a dozen times without finding the setting. I can't remember which setting finally fixed it, but I finally did. So like me, perhaps you haven't looked hard enough in the bios. Try again and be thorough.

I did look many times but, I'll look again. If not the other option is to call Asus.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #9
killjoy

Win7 32 bit
 
 
I just remembered what I did

I flashed the bios. That was it. I went to Lenovo's site and downloaded a BIOS update. My thinkpad did the same thing. You can add, but you can't take it off!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #10
barbarossa2241

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
I flashed the bios. That was it. I went to Lenovo's site and downloaded a BIOS update. My thinkpad did the same thing. You can add, but you can't take it off!
Great. I hope Asus have such a download. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HDD Pasword set by me.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to remove a bios pasword
Hi guys, im new here so i dont know if this is the right place to post this, Anyway, i have an acer aspire 8930g, and it is locked with a bios pasword. I want to remove that. I searched google, and the showed some methods but didnt help. I opened the laptop removed the cmos battery and after 10...
Hardware & Devices
Forgotten pasword in Windows 7 Ultimate x32
How to reset? Recovery_disk_Windows_7_x32? Or is there a better free way to do this? Thnks
General Discussion
Windows ask user name and pasword within first start
I reinstalled my windows and after instalation when itīs going to startup there is screen (see below) where i have to type user name and pasword and I donīt have any. On previous win7 I had my administrator acc with password but itīs not working (still in my opinion there shouldnīt be any...
Installation & Setup
please help I forgot my pasword to log on
The thread says it all
General Discussion
Bizarre situation.. i want windows 2 forget my pasword.
Ok let me explain the situation. I have one main pc and one laptop. Both with win7. I originally had both of them setup in homegroup and it worked well. But today, because of my curious nature, i tried to change about some settings. I removed myself from the homegroup. Then when i try to click...
Network & Sharing
User and pasword
hola a todos. tengo un problema, mi equipo me pide usuario y contrasena cuando quiero entrar a otro equipo de la red, los equipos en los que me pide esto es en los que tienen Windows XP, por lo tanto no puedo ver los archivos que estos equipos comparten, ni mucho menos puedo capturar las impresoras...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Đ Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App