Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Malewarebytes Discovery

04 Feb 2012   #1
jack1953

Windows 7
 
 
Malewarebytes Discovery

I was researching different antispyware programs because, even though I purchased a lifetime subscription for Super Antispyware Pro about 4 years ago, as a recommendation from someone else, all the reviews I see on it are very low!

I wanted to see what else was out there and Malewarebytes always gets mentioned and recommended.

Every review I've come across gives a higher rating to the FREE version as opposed to the PAID versions, which I found very interesting.

I will download and install today!!

Jack


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Feb 2012   #2
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Hi.


Malwarebytes is one of the top anti-spywares.


Also check this Good and Free system security combination.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #3
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I have no problems with Super Anti Spyware but I do have to run it in Safe Mode sometimes to find everything. It find tracking cookies when nothing else does. I have use Malware Anti Malware free for years and I do suggest using it. I like it so much I bought the Pro version. MAM and SAS work well with MSE.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Feb 2012   #4
jack1953

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
I have no problems with Super Anti Spyware but I do have to run it in Safe Mode sometimes to find everything. It find tracking cookies when nothing else does. I have use Malware Anti Malware free for years and I do suggest using it. I like it so much I bought the Pro version. MAM and SAS work well with MSE.
Bear,
Do you run MAM and SAS real time together?
Jack
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #5
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

MBAM will run in real time with most AV's it is designed that way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #6
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I run MAM and MSE at the same time active. I don't have SAS Pro to be able to run it active. I do run updates and scans with SAS while MSE and MAM are active with no problems. These 3 programs seem to get along with each other.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #7
jack1953

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
I run MAM and MSE at the same time active. I don't have SAS Pro to be able to run it active. I do run updates and scans with SAS while MSE and MAM are active with no problems. These 3 programs seem to get along with each other.
Thanks Bear. I have a license for both, so I am going to do real time with all 3 and see how it works.
Jack
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #8
Victek

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jack1953 View Post
I was researching different antispyware programs because, even though I purchased a lifetime subscription for Super Antispyware Pro about 4 years ago, as a recommendation from someone else, all the reviews I see on it are very low!

Jack
SAS has improved with version 5. The scans are faster now, especially the new critical point scan. I also use MBAM, Hitman Pro and TDSSkiller. I wouldn't want to rely on any one of them exclusively. I only use them "on demand" though and have a "suite" for real time protection. What do you use for AV?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #9
jack1953

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Victek View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jack1953 View Post
I was researching different antispyware programs because, even though I purchased a lifetime subscription for Super Antispyware Pro about 4 years ago, as a recommendation from someone else, all the reviews I see on it are very low!

Jack
SAS has improved with version 5. The scans are faster now, especially the new critical point scan. I also use MBAM, Hitman Pro and TDSSkiller. I wouldn't want to rely on any one of them exclusively. I only use them "on demand" though and have a "suite" for real time protection. What do you use for AV?
Thanks for weighing in Vic. I use MSE. General consensus in here is that it works well with 7 especially on new pcs. I am going to try running MSE, MB Pro, and SAS Pro real time together and see how it goes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #10
Victek

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jack1953 View Post

Thanks for weighing in Vic. I use MSE. General consensus in here is that it works well with 7 especially on new pcs. I am going to try running MSE, MB Pro, and SAS Pro real time together and see how it goes.
Your welcome Jack. If you haven't already checkout the new Webroot SecureAnywhere product which is designed to work along side other AV. It's the next generation of Prevx and has good detection scores with minimal impact on resources.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Malewarebytes Discovery




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
A discovery...
Hello all and today, I have made a new discovery for myself... Just an hour ago, I had 2 BSOD straight which falls with a message: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. So, I tried to start Windows normally, in safe mode, safe mode with command prompt and some of the rest of the settings. But, my Windows...
Chillout Room
Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Discovery/Responder
http://i53.tinypic.com/eak41z.jpg are these needed to have internet i dont want to uninstall if internet will not work.
Network & Sharing
Network discovery
hi every one I'm new here ^_^ I have some problems with my network settings after turn it on i can't turn it off why???? please i need to turn it of for my privacy files !!!
Network & Sharing
Surprising Discovery
I just downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on my system for the first time and was surprised by by Norton product (NIS 2010). It didn't know what it was and asked me what I wanted to do. It said that I was the very first Norton User to download that kind of file. I told it to Run the program since...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App