1. Uninstall open office, go to their website, and reinstall it. instead of clicking 'standard install' (or whatever it says), choose 'custom intall'. The programs are listed as writer, calc, draw, impress, base, and math. uncheck all that you do not want to install (writer is usually the only program used with openoffice, but you may like calc as well, this is entirely up to you. leave everything else alone. click next and install it.
* if a prompt pops up for file types asking which microsoft word programs you want assigned to openoffice to open, make sure all the boxes that you can select are selected and click next to finish the install.
2. Next, type 'default programs' into the start search bar without quotes, and click 'set your default programs'. Click every open office program you se and click 'set this program as default'.
3. You mentioned something about guest accounts which i am still not sure of. If you are only using the admin account, it may be best to keep other user accounts turned off, including the guest account. Here is Brink
's tutorial on how to turn the guest account off: Guest Account - Turn On or Off
* If you've created any accounts that you are not using, go into user account control through the control panel and delete them.
4. Additionally, make sure your antivirus program is up to date, and perform a full install to check for any viruses. It may take a while but it is worth making sure your system is virus free. If you do not have one, ge one! MSE is a common one around here if interested: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ity-essentials