Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is Norton Internet Security 2009 compatible?

29 Aug 2009   #1
Wii Master 64

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
Is Norton Internet Security 2009 compatible?

I need to know so when windows 7 arrives, I can take care of what needs to be taken care of when it comes down to anitvirus.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Aug 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wii Master 64 View Post
I need to know so when windows 7 arrives, I can take care of what needs to be taken care of when it comes down to anitvirus.
Depends on who you ask. Seems to be split 50/50. Im not a fan. I just tried it again after many years and it lasted less than a day on my machine

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #3
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Yes its compatible, but thats all im going to say...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Aug 2009   #4
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

It's not compatible yet!

I know, I own a 3 user license and the Heuristic driver fails under Win7.
On Vista it works perfectly.

Symantec promised to fix it when Win7 is released.

I wrote them a mail to tell them I find that very disappointing, since a lot of people already have the final through technet.
No response yet.

I do think 2009 version is brilliant.

Did a test with NOD32 yesterday.
What a horrible AV.
You can read my findings here:
Norton 2009 products now work with windows 7!

Greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Michel

Norton is still in beta. Wait till they roll out the production version

K
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #6
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Michel

Norton is still in beta. Wait till they roll out the production version

K
Ken? you had too much wine?
You are adressing me, but I am not the OP.
Plus I already own 2009.

Norton 2009 is not in beta.
It's heuristic driver is presently not Win7 compatible.
It does work but without heuristic.

Norton 2010 is in beta, but it works ok under Win7.
But I don't detect any new features compared to 2009
Old wine in new bottle.

Greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Not enough wine. Or time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #8
poin2

Windows7
 
 

I believe they finally released a version the last week or so that's supposed to be compatible. However, they were having lots of problems with people upgrading to it and were supposed to be issuing yet another new patch last I read. (Not aware of the heuristic driver issue one way or the other.)

They were having so many problems during the beta and RC phases I personally bailed on my Norton subscription a long time ago and moved to ESET Smart Security instead and haven't looked back. Just bummed the Norton subscription is ticking away unused.

Suppose by the time Windows 7 is formally released they might have their act together. I was pretty happy with NIS on Vista.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #9
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by poin2 View Post
I believe they finally released a version the last week or so that's supposed to be compatible. However, they were having lots of problems with people upgrading to it and were supposed to be issuing yet another new patch last I read. (Not aware of the heuristic driver issue one way or the other.)

They were having so many problems during the beta and RC phases I personally bailed on my Norton subscription a long time ago and moved to ESET Smart Security instead and haven't looked back. Just bummed the Norton subscription is ticking away unused.

Suppose by the time Windows 7 is formally released they might have their act together. I was pretty happy with NIS on Vista.
NIS on Vista was best suite I ever had.
I am very disappointed Symantec is waiting till october release to come up with a patch.
I will have lost 4 months of my subscription.

Beta 2010 is doing a very good job though, and it's only a beta.

There is a so called 2009 beta for Win7, but what's the point if you can use the 2010 beta?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #10
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
Ken? you had too much wine?
You are adressing me, but I am not the OP.
Plus I already own 2009.

Norton 2009 is not in beta.
It's heuristic driver is presently not Win7 compatible.
It does work but without heuristic.

Norton 2010 is in beta, but it works ok under Win7.
But I don't detect any new features compared to 2009
Old wine in new bottle.

Greetz
Hey

I didnt specify what norton was still in beta, only that it is. I was actually trying to give NIS a break by saying it might improve on rollout. We will see. Every one has their own favorites.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is Norton Internet Security 2009 compatible?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Norton Internet Security
For those who use NIS as I do - does NIS 2013 offer any significant advantage over NIS 2012? (I know there is MSE etc.)
System Security
Is Norton internet security all i need?
I just got Norton Internet Security 2011 Now should i be using any other scanners like SAS are MWB SAS use to removed tracking cookies but Norton does tha . Thank u in advance for any help.
System Security
norton internet security
I have the latest version of norton internet security. what could I use as a spyware, etc. to help further secure my windows 7 home premium laptop??
System Security
Norton Internet Securuty 2009
Can anyone help, i've tried MANY times to install Norton Internet Security 2009. Sometimes it works but other times it locks up my laptop. After installation, mouse navigation works as usual but activating programs & files just stops (e.g. click the internet explorer icon or windows explorer...
System Security
Norton Internet Security
Hi, I was just wanting to see if anyone has had any problems with Norton and Windows 7. I recently installed build 7100 on my mother's machine and she insisted that Norton was installed. I eventually relented and installed it, but it only seems to cause problems... Anyone else??
System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:57.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App