Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Latest Version of Malwarebytes

01 Apr 2015   #901
BigBear68

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Thank you MoxieMomma for your input too,i followed both your advice and successfully upgraded to 2.1.4 with no problems.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Apr 2015   #902
MoxieMomma

OEM Windows 7 Ult (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BigBear68 View Post
Thank you MoxieMomma for your input too,i followed both your advice and successfully upgraded to 2.1.4 with no problems.
Excellent!

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2015   #903
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Interesting. Yet another scheduling issue. Win the change to BST(daylight saving time) over the weekend scheduled tasks run an hour later.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Apr 2015   #904
MoxieMomma

OEM Windows 7 Ult (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Interesting. Yet another scheduling issue. Win the change to BST(daylight saving time) over the weekend scheduled tasks run an hour later.
There is a known issue with the scheduler not automatically correcting for DST.
It only affects users in Time Zones with DST or other time changes.

It will be fixed in a future release.

Until then, one workaround that will fix it is to delete the scheduled tasks and recreate them with a "starting date" of today and the desired scheduled time and task interval.
(If you use hourly update checks, it won't matter and you need not change anything. But if you want your scheduled (daily) scan to run at the original time, then this will fix the problem.)

You could probably fiddle with the task settings to fix your existing settings, but I found the other method was faster and guaranteed to work (at least on my rigs).

Thank you,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2015   #905
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Thanks. I fiddled with the settings. We'll see tomorrow whether it picks up the correct time. I wonder why Malwarebytes doesn't use the Windows task scheduler. It would save all these issues.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2015   #906
MoxieMomma

OEM Windows 7 Ult (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Thanks. I fiddled with the settings. We'll see tomorrow whether it picks up the correct time.
Yes, that ought to work.
To test it without waiting until tomorrow, you could just set a scheduled scan time for an hour or so from now and then check the History > Application Logs a bit after that, to see if it starts at the correct time?
If it's working properly, then you could change the scheduled scan time once again to the "desired" time.

NOTE: This is not new for 2.1, but if you enable the advanced scheduler setting to "check for updates before scanning", the scan start will be randomized +/- 15 minutes of the scheduled time. That's because scheduled update checks are randomized to balance server load. If you want the scan to start at the exact scheduled time, you'll want to disable that setting. Just be sure you schedule frequent update checks (hourly is the default), so that your scheduled scan will be likely to have the most current database.

Quote:
I wonder why Malwarebytes doesn't use the Windows task scheduler. It would save all these issues.
AFAK, the DST bug is new to version 2.x
But I am not qualified to answer your question.
That might be a question that might be better directed to the product team here ?

Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2015   #907
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MoxieMomma View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Thanks. I fiddled with the settings. We'll see tomorrow whether it picks up the correct time.
Yes, that ought to work.
To test it without waiting until tomorrow, you could just set a scheduled scan time for an hour or so from now and then check the History > Application Logs a bit after that, to see if it starts at the correct time?
If it's working properly, then you could change the scheduled scan time once again to the "desired" time.

NOTE: This is not new for 2.1, but if you enable the advanced scheduler setting to "check for updates before scanning", the scan start will be randomized +/- 15 minutes of the scheduled time. That's because scheduled update checks are randomized to balance server load. If you want the scan to start at the exact scheduled time, you'll want to disable that setting. Just be sure you schedule frequent update checks (hourly is the default), so that your scheduled scan will be likely to have the most current database.

Quote:
I wonder why Malwarebytes doesn't use the Windows task scheduler. It would save all these issues.
AFAK, the DST bug is new to version 2.x
But I am not qualified to answer your question.
That might be a question that might be better directed to the product team here ?

Thank you
Thanks for the link.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2015   #908
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Everything seems to be working okay in the new version = still updating with popup
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2015   #909
1PW

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
still updating with popup
You may suppress those types of notifications:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/support....html#Advanced - Advanced Update Check Options - Schedule Options.

Open GUI > Settings > Automated Scheduling > Double Click Check for Updates > Schedule Options - Untick: Show notification after successful update.

Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2015   #910
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

No way Jose I've waited almost a year to get them back
This is the first of the 2.0...'s that has actually produced a popup confirmation of an update via a schedule ,
Not since 1.75.. has it happened

Another item that is fixed now is if I started a manual scan mbam updated automatically and started scanning,
All version of 2.0... have asked if I wanted to update first = Da yes

So yea I'm a happy yard dog now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Latest Version of Malwarebytes




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Malwarebytes Pay Version
I have the pay version and have it set under "Settings" > "Updater Settings" > have "Download and Install Program Updates If Available" checked and also "Notify Me When Update is Ready for Installation" checked. I am not getting any updates. I have to manually get the program updates. Is there...
System Security
Malwarebytes version 1.61
Malwarebytes released version 1.61 today. I tried to update using the auto update on a W7 x64 PC and it failed. I ran the mbam-clean uninstall utility and downloaded/installed version 1.61 without issues. Had to re-register and reconfigure the options. I'll wait a few days to see if others...
System Security
Upgrading to a Pro version of Malwarebytes... advice please!
If I go to the company site https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/purl-inproduct?x-source=inproduct&x-action=bottom_button it costs 19.95. and includes a backup CD and something called Extended Download. There are what seem to be similar products from Amazon DSOLUTION Malwarebytes'...
System Security
Malwarebytes Database Version
I just ran the updater in Malwarebytes, and was surprised at the change in version numbers, as can be seen in the screenshot. I suppose they may just have decided to use a different system, but I'm wondering if it might indicate something more nefarious, like someone else slipping into the picture?
Software
Full retail version of Malwarebytes & Comodo.. anyone using both?
I recently purchased the retail version of Malwarebytes just to see if it's any good. It seems almost mindless how people talk about Malwarebytes but and I have yet to try it. However, the only computer I have that I am absolutely determined to keep for more than a few months already has comodo...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:36.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App