If this problem perisists, see your system administrator.
Of course, I AM the system administrator. Of course, Microsoft SHOULD say "ask the SevenForums", but it doesn't. Sidebar aside, why am I getting this message?
1. I AM using the actual ADMINISTRATOR account. I have the problem even with other accounts which have administrator status.
2. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, but all Windows 7 versions are supposed to allow parental controls.
3. I have verified that the Parental Controls service IS STARTED in the Services section of the control panel. Also, the dependent services are running.
4. The accounts in question are STANDARD accounts.
5. I have some accounts which ARE SET already with parental controls. I can turn them ON or OFF for those accounts.
6. The problem account always gives the same error "Unable to make changes to parental control settings."
6a. I renamed the account and created a new account using the old name and the problem PERSISTS.
6b. It seems ALL NEW acounts have the same problem. "Unable to make changes to parental control settings." no matter what I call the new account.
7. I have rebooted often to assure all changes have been applied.
8. All windows updates are current and none pending.
9. MSE anti-virus is up-to-date and the system has no viruses, says Microsoft.
10. To help reduce the likelyhood of a registry issue or tempfile issue, I have run CCleaner.
Still, the problem remains. Suggestions?