Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: combining anti-viruses


16 Aug 2012   #1

XP windows Professional
 
 
combining anti-viruses

can you combine kaspersky pure and malwarebytes anti-malware ? thank you

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Aug 2012   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

You mean run them concurrently? Yes, no problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #3

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

I have MS Security Essentials with real-time protection turned on and Malwarebytes installed without the real-time protection module activated.

I think it's preferable that real-time protection for only one antivirus program be activated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Aug 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by monkeylove View Post
I have MS Security Essentials with real-time protection turned on and Malwarebytes installed without the real-time protection module activated.

I think the rule is that real-time protection for only one program can be activated.
Malwarebytes and MSE can be run concurrently with real-time activated without any problems MonkeyLove
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Like the others have said yes you can but if it was like say Microsoft security essentials with kaspersky pure or avast then no. Malwarebytes plays well with pretty much any anti virus.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP1
 
 

I have noticed with Kaspersky products, since I use them on my Macs, PCs, and my android phone that on PC when you have MBAM real-time running or the free SUPER Anti-Spyware running in the background, some times, Kaspersky will get "unloaded" from the system memory because somehow they are conflicting with each other. This happened to me on more than 1 occasion when I experimented with these programs a long time ago.

The one occasion I left my laptop on and had to leave home for about an hour. When I returned, Kaspersky was unloaded from memory and the computer overall was "yelling" because it wasn't protected.

The only thing I can say is caution--watch out for the agent to unload itself when you're not expecting it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yes you can run both as long as you have sufficient RAM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2012   #8

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by codyw View Post
I have noticed with Kaspersky products, since I use them on my Macs, PCs, and my android phone that on PC when you have MBAM real-time running or the free SUPER Anti-Spyware running in the background, some times, Kaspersky will get "unloaded" from the system memory because somehow they are conflicting with each other. This happened to me on more than 1 occasion when I experimented with these programs a long time ago.

The one occasion I left my laptop on and had to leave home for about an hour. When I returned, Kaspersky was unloaded from memory and the computer overall was "yelling" because it wasn't protected.

The only thing I can say is caution--watch out for the agent to unload itself when you're not expecting it.
Hmm odd but I can see it happening.I have tried malwarebytes pro with avast and MSE before and didn't get that problem. Something in malwarebytes must be conflicting with kaspersky.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2012   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP1
 
 

Perhaps. I was shocked and surprised when Kaspersky unloaded itself on my system. I guess that must be why companies like Kaspersky and Trend Micro check your computer during install to see if there any "incompatible" or "conflicting" programs that may interfere with the system security.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by codyw View Post
I have noticed with Kaspersky products, since I use them on my Macs, PCs, and my android phone that on PC when you have MBAM real-time running or the free SUPER Anti-Spyware running in the background, some times, Kaspersky will get "unloaded" from the system memory because somehow they are conflicting with each other. This happened to me on more than 1 occasion when I experimented with these programs a long time ago.

The one occasion I left my laptop on and had to leave home for about an hour. When I returned, Kaspersky was unloaded from memory and the computer overall was "yelling" because it wasn't protected.

The only thing I can say is caution--watch out for the agent to unload itself when you're not expecting it.
Hmm odd but I can see it happening.I have tried malwarebytes pro with avast and MSE before and didn't get that problem. Something in malwarebytes must be conflicting with kaspersky.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 combining anti-viruses




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: combining anti-viruses
Thread Forum
Are Anti-Viruses A Total Waste Of Time? System Security
combining Anti-viruses System Security
combining malware&anti-virus System Security
Users of 64-bit Windows Anti-Viruses are being left behind Security News
do anti-virus companies create viruses? System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33