Although I was not part of the original thread, I did follow the steps provided by shawn77, since I had the same problem with Google redirects.
The only difference was that the line C:\windows\SysWow64\ir50_qc8.dll did not work for me, since that file was not in my PC. I opened the OTL text file and analyzed why that dll file was chosen to be removed, and figured out that the reason was the RHS flags asociated with it. What I did is to analyze my own OTL text file (as a result of Run Scan) in the same section where that dll was (Files created - No Company Name) and found two files with the same flags.
So what I did is I wrote those two files under the :Files section, and then clicked on the Run Fix button.
Then rebooted the PC and checked if Google searches took me to the web addresses shown by Google, and YES, they worked correctly. Shawn77 is a genious. Thanks for the help, and I hope someone else with the same problem can get the same result by applying this fix.