Need help with Bitlocker encrypted fixed drive (non OS ) on primary partition Windows 7 64bit Ultimate.
Drive D is encrypted however from last few days the lock icon displayed on the drive is missing and it is being displayed as unknown file system (Bitlocker Encrypted) in diskmgmt.
While try to open the drive getting error location is not available & access denied , no option to unlock it through right click . Only I can unlock it via opening bitlocker from control panel or through elevated cmd manage-bde -unlock D:
Tried All scenarios.
1. Unlock and then lock it again(reboot + shutdown).
2. Restarted the bitlocker service.
3. tried changing the drive letter .
4. Unlock + disk defrag .
5. no suspend or resume option available for drive in bitlocker settings.
6. Run chkdsk /f /r also, no issues reported.
Issue remains same no icons display for unlock or lock drive , no right lick option to unlock & getting same above error while double click on a drive . However I have checked it still shows drive as encrypted so it's mean encryption is sill running fine.