Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Results of Windows Defender Offline Full Scan


15 Nov 2012   #1

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Results of Windows Defender Offline Full Scan

Results of the Windows Defender Offline Full Scan:

Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!dtc Severe Active Remove
Exploit:Java/CVE-2012-1723.AQT Severe Active Remove
Trojan:Win32/Alureon Severe Active Remove

Providing the above per gregrocker in the General Discussion forum entitled, "Hp laptop startup issues.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Nov 2012   #2

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Hello sbuxman Mate have you actually removed these if not maybe try a scan with either Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware? you may be able to clear those with those apps.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

download the free versions and update scan and remove if they show up.

if you have got these already - sorry!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2012   #3

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Hello sbuxman Mate have you actually removed these if not maybe try a scan with either Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware? you may be able to clear those with those apps.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

download the free versions and update scan and remove if they show up.

if you have got these already - sorry!
I chose "Remove" after the Windows Defender Offline Full Scan and was told that the removal had been successful for all three infections.

I can't run malwarebytes or SUPERantiSpyware because I can't get into Windows...still.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Nov 2012   #4
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Run WDO again to verify they were removed.

Then try Safe Mode with networking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2012   #5

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Run WDO again to verify they were removed.

Then try Safe Mode with networking.
Running it now...abt a 4-hr process, but what else to do?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2012   #6

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Before it goes any further what actually happens when you turn the power on? as you say you cannot get into Windows is that because it will not boot the OS or have you forgotten the login password - sorry but am stating the ruddy obvious to rule out all I can think of.

Otherwise mate maybe a long shot before you have to reinstall but do you have a friend (or another machine) who / that can make you a bootable Ubuntu CD? Because if you need data from that original install but as you say cannot get it to start Windows up then you can access the hard drive with that Ubuntu OS booted.

You need to make the bootable Ubuntu disk set your BIOS to boot from the optical drive and once in Ubuntu you can access what is on that drive and copy away whatever you need to keep - pics docs etc etc.

Now that sounds complicated but truly it isn't I always keep a bootable Ubuntu for fixes in particular when people forget their login password for example.

If this is the way you need to go I can give you some pointers ok?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2012   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Before it goes any further what actually happens when you turn the power on? as you say you cannot get into Windows is that because it will not boot the OS or have you forgotten the login password - sorry but am stating the ruddy obvious to rule out all I can think of.

Otherwise mate maybe a long shot before you have to reinstall but do you have a friend (or another machine) who / that can make you a bootable Ubuntu CD? Because if you need data from that original install but as you say cannot get it to start Windows up then you can access the hard drive with that Ubuntu OS booted.

You need to make the bootable Ubuntu disk set your BIOS to boot from the optical drive and once in Ubuntu you can access what is on that drive and copy away whatever you need to keep - pics docs etc etc.

Now that sounds complicated but truly it isn't I always keep a bootable Ubuntu for fixes in particular when people forget their login password for example.

If this is the way you need to go I can give you some pointers ok?
Fantastic! Thank you so much...doesn't sound really complicated at all. To answer your first question, it's not about any password...it will not boot the OS. I'm trying the full scan of WDO one more time, 4-hour process, and then I'll be ready for your pointers when all else fails.

Thank you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2012   #8
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sbuxman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Run WDO again to verify they were removed.

Then try Safe Mode with networking.
Running it now...abt a 4-hr process, but what else to do?
You could try the Safe Mode link I gave you, may not work, but is free.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2012   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sbuxman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Run WDO again to verify they were removed.

Then try Safe Mode with networking.
Running it now...abt a 4-hr process, but what else to do?
You could try the Safe Mode link I gave you, may not work, but is free.
Still cannot get into Safe Mode with Networking...just when I think I'm there, the Startup Repair window starts up...takes over.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2012   #10

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Which sorta answers what I meant SB I was in two minds re what Britton said but wasn't sure if it booted anything at all.

Well my friend do you have any data you really need? If not try the repair if you do then we need to get that data onto something safe and well reinstall - I don't know what Britton thinks but I would be pleased for any suggestions.

If we go down the Ubuntu road I'll give you the map!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Results of Windows Defender Offline Full Scan




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Results of Windows Defender Offline Full Scan
Thread Forum
Windows Defender Offline Tutorials
BootMGR missing only when trying to run Windows Defender Offline General Discussion
Windows Defender Offline boots then stalls System Security
Problems with reboot after using Windows Defender Offline System Security
Windows defender offline scan results problem System Security
Boot Failure after Windows Defender Offline Hardware & Devices
Windows Defender Offline crashed computer System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33