Is your Windows 7 an update from Vista or XP?
Go into Services by typing services.msc
in the start search box, click on the gear icon, then set everything associated with Avira to 'disable' ... make sure you've stopped the service too.
Let's get rid of some of the junk that's on this computer...
Download AdWareCleaner AdwCleaner Download
to your desktop
1.Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application. 2.Click on Delete button.
3.Confirm each time with OK.
4.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
Note: You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.
Next, download TFC by Old Timer TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer - Geeks to Go Forums
and save it to your desktop. Save any unsaved work
. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean
Now, update Java! ...
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 7u10.
Java SE Downloads
- Scroll over to the right (JRE)
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- The page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-7u10-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
After doing all of the above, flush the DNS cache and restore MS's Hosts file:
Copy and paste these lines in Note pad. @Echo on
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
Save as flush.bat
to your desktop.
Double click on the flush.bat file to run it.Vista and Windows 7... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.
Now see if you can run Avira's removal tool to remove all left-overs. If it still doesn't work, uninstall Spybot s&d. How to uninstall? | Spybot ©
Then try again.
Let us know how you did