|20 Dec 2012||#1|
windows 7 c drive crash
Hi to all
Please help me.
I bought the Dell studio laptop from Dell in 2009.After that I install VMware .Recently my laptop got a virus. I tried to go to safe mode for restore point. But Always when I start the laptop it goes to windows start up repair. But it is not fixed at that point .It displaying windows can't repair this computer automatically. It displaying the options
1. view diagnostic and repair details. (I tried this but it doesn't work) I
2.View advanced options for system recovery and support
It is asking the user name and password.
After giving the username and password -It gives the system recovery options.
A. System Repair ( I tried this but no use)
B. System Restore ( I tried this it is displaying no restore points)
C. System image Recovery
D. Windows Memory Diagnostic ( I run this but my laptop is switching off in the middle)
E .Command Prompt
When I select this option It displaying the X:\windows\sysytem32
Here I went to C: drive and press DIR
It displaying Volume in drive c is Recovery
volume serial number is CAE&-7F9D
And then I went to D: and press DIR
It displaying 35 files and 57 DIRS
F. Dell Datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup
I tried to take backup .But I am getting the error message.
Please help me I got all my daughter photos and videos
|My System Specs|
|21 Dec 2012||#2|
Please share the 'error message' that you encounter during the 'Datasafe emergency Backup'; also mention the 'stage' at which the error appears.
You may want to refer to the following steps for detailed information:
Note: These steps are only for reference; and they focus on the functionality of 'Dell Datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup' software. It may lead to 'data loss' due to other factors.
1. Tap < F8 key > to access the 'Advance Boot Options Menu' > Click 'Repair my computer' > Enter 'Username/Password' > Click 'Dell Datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup'
2. Choose 'Preserve new /or Changed File' before restoring to selected system backup
3. Information screen appears. Click 'Next' to continue
4. System scans for any changes in files
5. Select Category of files to preserve
6. Advance File and Folder selection is available for any folders identified for backup (This step allows you to select specific files/folders that are stored on the 'hard drive' and you want to save; please perform these steps carefully. If correct files are not selected properly, you may not be able to restore those files after the 'factory restoration' is finished).
7. System makes changes for chosen files
8. Select destination for Emergency Backup Archive. Click Next to continue
9. Summary screen provides the user the files to be preserved. Click Next to continue
10. Status and progress bar screen appears. Confirmation is prompted to user that data has been indexed and backed up to selected backup location. Click Next to continue
11. Choose Yes. Click Next to continue
12. Click Restart to initiate restoration process
Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar help and support threads|
Right click drive in WinExpl causes WE to crash
This just started. When I open Windows Explorer, then right click on any drive, I get an error message that says Win Explorer has stopped working and eventually closes. Can this be fixed? I am using Win7-64 and reinstalled Windows about 3 months ago.
what do i do? did my hard drive crash?
when I turn my pc on, it gets me to the login screen. but the text and many elements are missing like icons.sometimes the guest account has a password but i never put one. i ran diagnostics and found harddrive problems. startup repair doesnt work and no system restores because it was relatively new...
Windows 7 blue screen crash/hard drive booting issue/NTLDR missing
Hey all, Came across a problem recently on my 9 month old rig. Specs are in my profile. Anyway, I had 3 hard drives set up: my main SSD which runs Windows 7, a USB external 1 terabyte and a 500gig SATA Western Digital. I believe the 500gig SATA was failing or malfunctioning. I was getting...
|BSOD Help and Support|
Need help switching D Drive back to C Drive After Computer Crash
The computer I'm having a problem on is a HP G6- 635 DX Windows 7 x64. About a week ago I decided to disable a few startup items because my computer took too long to load up. I think I disabled something that I shouldnt have because the next time I restarted I had gotten stuck on the "Starting...
Having problems recovering windows after a hard-drive crash.
My Hard-drive recently crashed so I purchased a new one but I didn't have my recovery CD's so I went ahead and used my friends Windows 7 "ULTIMATE" disc not realizing that the product key I own is a Windows 7 "Home Premium" key. Now Ultimate is installed on my machine and not authenticated so I...
|Installation & Setup|
Question about Drive Indexing and Windows Explorer Crash
I have a 1TB Usb External drive that I use for backup storage with one partition and many large folder/directories containing my backups, music collection, pictures and movies. I have been using it with several different computers along with my main Windows7/32 box. I have the drive indexing option...
|BSOD Help and Support|
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:07.