|20 Dec 2012||#1|
| || |
windows 7 c drive crash
Hi to all
Please help me.
I bought the Dell studio laptop from Dell in 2009.After that I install VMware .Recently my laptop got a virus. I tried to go to safe mode for restore point. But Always when I start the laptop it goes to windows start up repair. But it is not fixed at that point .It displaying windows can't repair this computer automatically. It displaying the options
1. view diagnostic and repair details. (I tried this but it doesn't work) I
2.View advanced options for system recovery and support
It is asking the user name and password.
After giving the username and password -It gives the system recovery options.
A. System Repair ( I tried this but no use)
B. System Restore ( I tried this it is displaying no restore points)
C. System image Recovery
D. Windows Memory Diagnostic ( I run this but my laptop is switching off in the middle)
E .Command Prompt
When I select this option It displaying the X:\windows\sysytem32
Here I went to C: drive and press DIR
It displaying Volume in drive c is Recovery
volume serial number is CAE&-7F9D
And then I went to D: and press DIR
It displaying 35 files and 57 DIRS
F. Dell Datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup
I tried to take backup .But I am getting the error message.
Please help me I got all my daughter photos and videos
|My System Specs|
|21 Dec 2012||#2|
| || |
Please share the 'error message' that you encounter during the 'Datasafe emergency Backup'; also mention the 'stage' at which the error appears.
You may want to refer to the following steps for detailed information:
Note: These steps are only for reference; and they focus on the functionality of 'Dell Datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup' software. It may lead to 'data loss' due to other factors.
1. Tap < F8 key > to access the 'Advance Boot Options Menu' > Click 'Repair my computer' > Enter 'Username/Password' > Click 'Dell Datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup'
2. Choose 'Preserve new /or Changed File' before restoring to selected system backup
3. Information screen appears. Click 'Next' to continue
4. System scans for any changes in files
5. Select Category of files to preserve
6. Advance File and Folder selection is available for any folders identified for backup (This step allows you to select specific files/folders that are stored on the 'hard drive' and you want to save; please perform these steps carefully. If correct files are not selected properly, you may not be able to restore those files after the 'factory restoration' is finished).
7. System makes changes for chosen files
8. Select destination for Emergency Backup Archive. Click Next to continue
9. Summary screen provides the user the files to be preserved. Click Next to continue
10. Status and progress bar screen appears. Confirmation is prompted to user that data has been indexed and backed up to selected backup location. Click Next to continue
11. Choose Yes. Click Next to continue
12. Click Restart to initiate restoration process
Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: windows 7 c drive crash|
|Crash when formatting 3TB drive||General Discussion|
|what do i do? did my hard drive crash?||General Discussion|
|Windows 7 blue screen crash/hard drive booting issue/NTLDR missing||BSOD Help and Support|
|Need help switching D Drive back to C Drive After Computer Crash||General Discussion|
|Having problems recovering windows after a hard-drive crash.||Installation & Setup|
|Question about Drive Indexing and Windows Explorer Crash||BSOD Help and Support|
|Test drive unlimited crash me!||Gaming|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.