Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials


29 Dec 2012   #1

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Microsoft Security Essentials

Hewlett-Packard HP G62 Notebook PC Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) (build 7600)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Installed: 10/28/2010 2:12:10 AM
Enclosure Type: Notebook
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded Board: Hewlett-Packard 1444 69.37
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.29 04/07/2011
new USB Storage Use in past 30 Days (mouse over last used for details) new Hosted Virtual Machines (mouse over name for details)
None discovered None discovered
Drives new drive encryption Memory Modules c,d
319.86 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
236.64 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

hp DVDRAM GT30L SATA CdRom Device [Optical drive]

SAMSUNG HM321HI [Hard drive] (320.07 GB) -- drive 0, s/n S25WJDNZ903129, rev 2AJ10001, SMART Status: Healthy 2812 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'Bottom - Slot 1 (top)' has 1024 MB (serial number 61C4A309)
Slot 'Bottom - Slot 2 (under)' has 2048 MB (serial number 98E5103C)
Local Drive Volumes new volume encryption

c: (NTFS on drive 0) * 302.24 GB 234.02 GB free
d: (NTFS on drive 0) 17.51 GB 2.53 GB free
f: (FAT32 on drive 0) 104 MB 94 MB free
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.29 04/07/2011
new USB Storage Use in past 30 Days (mouse over last used for details) new Hosted Virtual Machines (mouse over name for details)
None discovered None discovered
Drives new drive encryption Memory Modules c,d
319.86 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
236.64 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

=============================================

I installed a completely new Windows 7 OS on this HP laptop in the middle of NOV earlier this year with superb help from Greg Rocker and his crew. It's worked fine until the owner started receiving the following message:

"Windows did not pass genuine validation.
Security Essentials will become disabled in 29 days if
you do not resolve this issue.

To continue using Security Essentials, click Go online
and resolve now and get genuine Windows."

Would someone please shed some light on the problem and suggest a fix?

Thanks in advance...

sbuxman

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2012   #2

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

did you put your CD key during setup? and did you go to Start---Control Panel--- System and at the very bottom it should say "windows is not activated"

30 days (or less) to activate windows.

This happens because even though you entered the key, microsoft still needs to activate your copy. by phone or online.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #3

Win7 Ultimate X64
 
 

MSE only works on genuine install
Where did you get the install media/product key
Post a MGADiag report and we can let you know
MGADiag
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Dec 2012   #4

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I know I entered the CD key, but not sure about this: "did you go to Start---Control Panel--- System and at the very bottom it should say "windows is not activated" So I'll get my hands on the system asap and verify.

Thanks, and I'll post back here...

sbuxman




Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nostaw5 View Post
did you put your CD key during setup? and did you go to Start---Control Panel--- System and at the very bottom it should say "windows is not activated"

30 days (or less) to activate windows.

This happens because even though you entered the key, microsoft still needs to activate your copy. by phone or online.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #6

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

The key was on a 6-installation license I've used in the past, but I'll still perform the MGADiag report and then post back here.

Thanks.

sbuxman




Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
MSE only works on genuine install
Where did you get the install media/product key
Post a MGADiag report and we can let you know
MGADiag
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #7
Microsoft MVP

 

What six-installation license is this? I've not heard of it.

Does it require Enterprise version, for VLK activation? This is to be administered by a company or organization's IT Pro.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #8

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sbuxman View Post
I know I entered the CD key, but not sure about this: "did you go to Start---Control Panel--- System and at the very bottom it should say "windows is not activated" So I'll get my hands on the system asap and verify.

Thanks, and I'll post back here...

sbuxman
[/QUOTE]

Did you verify?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

WOW, then let me check back over the media I used, because I know it worked just fine for the last clean install you walked me through, and there was never a problem with activation : )

Thanks.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
What six-installation license is this? I've not heard of it.

Does it require Enterprise version, for VLK activation? This is to be administered by a company or organization's IT Pro.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #10

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I'll have my hands on it tomorrow latest as I've already missed the opportunity to have him bring it to work today...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nostaw5 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sbuxman View Post
I know I entered the CD key, but not sure about this: "did you go to Start---Control Panel--- System and at the very bottom it should say "windows is not activated" So I'll get my hands on the system asap and verify.

Thanks, and I'll post back here...

sbuxman
Did you verify?[/QUOTE]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microsoft Security Essentials




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33