My last MSE scan was in October of 2012, did a scan last night and found that I'm infected with virtool.win32/obfuscator.XZ.
I tried to do some research before posting and found these two threads that are relatively recent:
1. Solved: Please help removing virtool:win32/obfuscator.XZ - Tech Support Guy Forums
2. Infected by virtool.win32/obfuscator.XZ
This is what I did so far:
1. Delete infected files that MSE was latching on to, but was unable to remove because of file size.
2. Ran AdwCleaner and restarted my system.
3. Ran ComboFix and restarted my system.
4. Currently running ESET Online Scanner.
I'm wondering if I'm taking the appropriate steps to remove this virus from my computer? Also am wondering if someone can kindly take a look at my log files to see if I have removed the threat because according to this thread (Unable to get rid of virtool.win32/obfuscator.XZ
) the problem was not solved because of a "rootkit" and a system wipe was necessary.
Thanks for any help in advance!