You may want to print
these instructions so you can have access to follow them.
Also, you may want to read them once befor you apply them.
Please plug a flash drive into a clean
Go to Start
- Double-click Computer, and select the flash drive.
- Right-click and select: Format
- Press Start on the Format prompt..
Next, download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
: Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the 64-bit download.
Save the program to the >>>
USB flash drive.
Remove the drive from the clean computer.
Next, plug the flash drive into the infected
Restart the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
- Select your language settings, and click: Next
- Select your User account and click: OK (If you did not set a password, leave blank.)
On the System Recovery Options
menu you get the following options:
- Startup Repair
- System Restore
- Windows Complete PC Restore
- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Scan your computer's memory for errors.
- Command Prompt
Select: Command Prompt
- In the Command window, at the bliking cursor type notepad and press: Enter
- In Notepad, under the File menu select: Open
- Double-click Computer, find the flash drive letter, remember what letter it is, click on it, and press: Open
- Close out of Notepad.
- Click the Command window
- Type x:\frst64.exe, and press: Enter
Note: Replace the drive letter x with the drive letter of your flash drive!
The tool starts and prepares to run. Follow the prompts.
- Click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Press: Scan
- When done, the program saves the FRST.txt report, on the flash drive.
Click the Command
prompt window, and type exit
, and press: Enter
Back at the System Recovery Options
, press: Restart
When the computer boots back into Windows, please provide the FRST.txt
in your reply.
It is located in the USB flash drive.