|24 Feb 2013||#1|
MSE x64 english corrupt file install message
i just tried to install MSE on my daughters laptop and each time i got a corrupt file error message ,after a quick google it is a known issue to microsoft for the english x64 version only.
there is a workaround that works and to do so download and install a different language x64 then do a registry hack.( i used spanish)
1. click the "windows key" and type in regedit
2. run regedit as administrator to ensure the proper actions are taken.
3. follow this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Essentials
(edit: or microsoft security client)
4. There will be three files in this area.
5. Right-Click on (Default) and select Modify
6. Under Value data:, type in EN
7. Do #'s 5 & 6 again for Market
8. MOST IMPORTANTLY, RESTART COMPUTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER FOR AFFECTS TO TAKE PLACE.
Corrupt file installing Security Essentials - Microsoft Community
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: MSE x64 english corrupt file install message|
|Corrupt File Error Message...||BSOD Help and Support|
|Win 7 install. Missing or corrupt file||Installation & Setup|
|Getting the setup.exe corrupt file install error help!||Installation & Setup|
|corrupt drive message||General Discussion|
|ntoskrnl.exe missing or corrupt message.||BSOD Help and Support|
|install english version in another country||Installation & Setup|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.