This is a "backdoor Trojan" ...
These are the most dangerous, and most widespread, type of Trojan.
Backdoor Trojans provide the author or ‘master’ of the Trojan with remote ‘administration’ of victim machines. Unlike legitimate remote administration utilities, they install, launch and run invisibly, without the consent or knowledge of the user. Once installed, backdoor Trojans can be instructed to send, receive, execute and delete files, harvest confidential data from the computer, log activity on the computer and more. If your computer was used for online banking or has credit card information on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for email, eBay and forums.
You should consider them to be compromised.
They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one, if not an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information.
Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breech.
Please uninstall all P2P programs!
Next, we're going to flush the DNS cache and restore MS's Hosts file.
Copy and paste these lines in Note pad. @Echo on
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
Save as flush.bat
to your desktop.
Double click on the flush.bat file to run it.Vista and Windows 7... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.
After doing the above, download TFC by Old Timer TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer - Geeks to Go Forums
and save it to your desktop. Save any unsaved work
. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean
. I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
- Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Push the Start button.
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Push the button.