If you do
have the Repair your Computer
You may want to print
these instructions so you can have access to follow them. Also, you may want to read them once befor you apply them.
Please plug a USB pendrive into a clean
Go to Start
, and select the pendrive.
Right-click and select: Format
on the Format
Remove when done.
Next, download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64-bit version)
: Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the 64-bit download.
Save the program to the >> USB pendrive.
Also download List Parts 64-bit
and save it to the USB pendrive. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...stparts/dl/78/
Next, plug the pendrive into the infected
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
- Select your language settings, and click: Next
- Select your User account and click: OK (If you did not set a password, leave blank.)
On the System Recovery Options
menu you get the following options:
- Startup Repair
- System Restore
- Windows Complete PC Restore
- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Scan your computer's memory for errors.
- Command Prompt
Select Command Prompt
- In the Command window, at the bliking cursor type notepad and press: Enter
- In Notepad, under the File menu select: Open
- Double-click Computer, find the pendrive letter, remember what letter it is, click on it, and press: Open
- Close out of Notepad.
- Click the Command window
- Type g:\frst64.exe, and press: Enter
Note: Replace the drive letter g with the drive letter of your pendrive!
- The tool starts and prepares to run. Follow the prompts.
- Click Yes to the Disclaimer.
- Press: Scan
The program saves the FRST.txt
report, on the pendrive.
Back at the Command Prompt
, type e:\listparts64.exe
and press: Enter Note:
Replace the drive letter e
with the drive letter of your pendrive!
starts to run. Check: List BCD
When finished scanning ListParts
also makes a Result.txt
on the pendrive.
Back at the System Recovery Options
, press: ShutDown
Please provide the FRST.txt, and the Results.text (for ListParts)
in your reply.
Both reports are located in the USB pendrive.