Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Updated version of malwarebytes anti-malware

19 Jun 2013   #11
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
What is OHUM? I hope it means you understand.
So, What is OHUM ?
Probably Ahh well.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Jun 2013   #12
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

I interpreted it to mean something like, "Oh, well" accompanied by a sigh.

The software you download will be the latest but, since definitions are changing 24/7, you will have to update them as soon as the software is installed. If using the free version, you will have to manually update the definitions just before running the scan (fortunately, that doesn't take long unless you have a slow "interwebz" connection).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jun 2013   #13
khoshtipi

windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by khoshtipi View Post
Yeah dear layback. I understood. I hoped to be able to download an updated one. You know there is difference between an updated and one which should be updated after installation and connecting the machine to Internet.
The one you download will be the latest version of the software, you need to update the database regularly though.
No. The one you download will not be the latest version of the software.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Jun 2013   #14
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by khoshtipi View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by khoshtipi View Post
Yeah dear layback. I understood. I hoped to be able to download an updated one. You know there is difference between an updated and one which should be updated after installation and connecting the machine to Internet.
The one you download will be the latest version of the software, you need to update the database regularly though.
No. The one you download will not be the latest version of the software.
Where are you downloading it from?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jun 2013   #15
khoshtipi

windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
What is OHUM? I hope it means you understand.
So, What is OHUM ?
It's a mixture of alas! & understanding!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jun 2013   #16
khoshtipi

windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by khoshtipi View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post

The one you download will be the latest version of the software, you need to update the database regularly though.
No. The one you download will not be the latest version of the software.
Where are you downloading it from?
Does the location matter?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jun 2013   #17
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by khoshtipi View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by khoshtipi View Post

No. The one you download will not be the latest version of the software.
Where are you downloading it from?
Does the location matter?
Yes. Getting it directly from CNET or MBAM (which will take you to CNET) will get you the latest version available. I have the latest version on my computer and I just now checked to see what was downloading and it also was the latest version. Other sites may not update as frequently.

You will, however, still have to update the definitions before each scan unless using the paid version> I have the paid version and I still check to make sure I have the latest definitions before running a scan (usually I do).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jun 2013   #18
khoshtipi

windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by khoshtipi View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post

Where are you downloading it from?
Does the location matter?
Yes. Getting it directly from CNET or MBAM (which will take you to CNET) will get you the latest version available. I have the latest version on my computer and I just now checked to see what was downloading and it also was the latest version. Other sites may not update as frequently.

You will, however, still have to update the definitions before each scan unless using the paid version> I have the paid version and I still check to make sure I have the latest definitions before running a scan (usually I do).
OK & thank you. So from now on I try to download it from cnet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jun 2013   #19
VistaKing

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

If you go to Malwarebytes.org it redirects you to MajorGeeks .

If you want the current version of Malwarebytes ( Free version ) click the link below

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jun 2013   #20
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VistaKing View Post
If you go to Malwarebytes.org it redirects you to MajorGeeks .

If you want the current version of Malwarebytes ( Free version ) click the link below

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
Funny. I went to Malwarebytes.org just before posting and I was redirected to CNET. I did a test download from CNET and it was the same version as the one I have now (and I'm anal about keeping updated). MajorGeeks is a better site for downloads now so it would be a better choice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Updated version of malwarebytes anti-malware




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
hi do you know were i cant download it free . i did download it about 5 time in the last week or so and every time it will update it to the last version 1.70 and it is not free . if not i will do with out it . thank you
System Security
How to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Hi friends, i got Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & want to know before i can start running it on my com...my friend told me that before installing it i need to disable my firewall,AV,UAC,disconnect from network etc...then go about it & after scanning uninstall it...How right is he, i want to know.... ...
Hardware & Devices
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware updated 1.41
source
System Security
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware updated v1.40
Recent Changes source
System Security
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Updated 1.39
source
System Security
Malwarebytes Anti Malware updated to 1.37
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.37 released with 64-bit support.
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App