Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: New Security Needed

06 Jul 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 
New Security Needed

I have been using a pay package, Zone Alarm Security Suite, for about the last 10 to 12 years. An annual renewal fee is required. This year it went up to $49.95. That is just too much even though it is a great program. I am going to switch to a free one. MS Security seems to have good things said about it, I just have a few questions. Does it do everything or do I need to use an additional one such as Malwarebytes along with it? Should I combine anything else with it? Thanks,

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jul 2013   #2

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

I use MSE and i run a scan of malwarebytes every so often also superantispyware.

that should keep you safe ,though everyone has different ideas about that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
I use MSE and i run a scan of malwarebytes every so often also superantispyware.

that should keep you safe ,though everyone has different ideas about that.
Thanks for your reply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Jul 2013   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I use MSE, MBAM, SAS and CCleaner.
MSE and MBAM are set to do quick scan once daily where
SAS and CCleaner scan once a month. SAS takes over an hour to run.

Maybe an overkill but have not have any problems for over 2 years.
Don't forget MS Firewall.
THW
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
I use MSE, MBAM, SAS and CCleaner.
MSE and MBAM are set to do quick scan once daily where
SAS and CCleaner scan once a month. SAS takes over an hour to run.

Maybe an overkill but have not have any problems for over 2 years.
Don't forget MS Firewall.
THW
Thanks for the reply. One question, using additional programs along with MSE, do they cause any conflict with each other?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2013   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
I use MSE, MBAM, SAS and CCleaner.
MSE and MBAM are set to do quick scan once daily where
SAS and CCleaner scan once a month. SAS takes over an hour to run.

Maybe an overkill but have not have any problems for over 2 years.
Don't forget MS Firewall.
THW
Thanks for the reply. One question, using additional programs along with MSE, do they cause any conflict with each other?
They haven't so far.
MSE is primary and MBAM is set to scan at certain hour of the morning.
The other two I run independently and I am reminded to scan by my outlook calendar.
Hope this helps,
THW
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2013   #7

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Bigmck I believe in a layered protection because no one program does it all. Wish their was so we could all use it.

This is what I use and it has worked well for me.

1. Microsoft Security Essentials (active)
2. Malwarebytes Anti Malwere Pro (active)
3. Super Anti Spyware (on demand)
4. FileHippo Update Checker (on demand)
5. Windows 7 built in Firewall
6. Router
------
I also download and use these programs at least once a month or when needed just to be sure.
1. Eset Online Free Scan
2. AdwCleaner from Bleeping Computer
----
I keep Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti Malware Pro updated at least twice a day. I doesn't take long because you are never far behind on the updates.
----
All these programs work well with each other and Windows 7 on my computers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2013   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Thank you Mr. Bear and others who have given me info on this. I think I have things lined up now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New Security Needed





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33