Can you provide more detail as to what program found the infection?
Also, let's use the following program, but, keep in mind that file infectors, such as Virut
, may be very difficult to remove or survive, particularly at advanced stages:
Please plug a USB flash drive into a clean
Go to Start
, and select the flash drive.
Right-click and select: Format
on the Format
Remove when done.
You may want to print
these instructions so you can have access to follow
Also, you may want to read them once before you apply them.
Go to the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the download that applies to your system. (32-bit)
Save the program to the >>
USB flash drive.
Next, plug the flash drive into the problem
Start the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
- Select your language settings, and click: Next
- Select your User account and click: OK (If you did not set a password, leave blank.)
On the System Recovery Options
menu you get the following options:
- Startup Repair
- System Restore
- Windows Complete PC Restore
- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Scan your computer's memory for errors
- Command Prompt
Select Command Prompt
- In the Command window, at the blinking cursor type notepad and press: Enter
- In Notepad, under the File menu select: Open
- Double-click Computer, find the flash drive letter, remember what letter it is, click on it, and press: Open
- Close out of Notepad.
- Click the Command window
- Type g:\frst.exe, and press: Enter
Note: Replace the drive letter g with the drive letter of your flash drive!
- The tool starts and prepares to run. Follow the prompts.
- Click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Press: Scan
When done, the program saves the FRST.txt
report, on the flash drive.
Close Notepad, then, click the Command Prompt
window, and type exit
, and press: Enter
Back at the System Recovery Options
, press: ShutDown
Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer, and plug it into the good computer.
Please provide the FRST.txt
report, located on the USB flash drive, in your reply.