Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: screen resizes after waking from sleep

09 Oct 2013   #11
fireflymd

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Okay, thanks! I didn't even realize I was now in the Security section.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Oct 2013   #12
fireflymd

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Finally found the solution.

Although I went to the hp website for the latest graphics driver for my laptop, uninstalling and re-installing the latest graphics driver on the hp website did not work.

I finally went to the Intel website and downloaded the latest graphics driver they had listed which can be used with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and that did the trick.

So for all who stated it was the graphics driver, you were correct; but the hp website did not have the latest Intel graphics driver listed for my computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2013   #13
AmericanPharaoh

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Please, mark as SOLVED.

Best Regards!

John
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Oct 2013   #14
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Yep I guess thats right Derek I suppose it is a bit difficult sometimes for new members to know exactly where to put it hey but no national emergency eh
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2013   #15
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireflymd View Post
Finally found the solution.

Although I went to the hp website for the latest graphics driver for my laptop, uninstalling and re-installing the latest graphics driver on the hp website did not work.

I finally went to the Intel website and downloaded the latest graphics driver they had listed which can be used with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and that did the trick.

So for all who stated it was the graphics driver, you were correct; but the hp website did not have the latest Intel graphics driver listed for my computer.
Mate back up all of your data in case this machine gives you problems again and then you can go a to a clean install using this and it will get rid of all the HP crapware too.
this is below and the second ref have a look it really is quite good at keeping the machine running at optimum. Just remember if you do fit a SSD no defrag and the rest you can pick what you like you don't have yo do all the tips

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Optimize Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2013   #16
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Yep I guess thats right Derek I suppose it is a bit difficult sometimes for new members to know exactly where to put it hey but no national emergency eh
Yeah, explaining why the post was moved by Brink and enlightening others who suggest creating new threads must have seemed a bit harsh.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2013   #17
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Yep I guess thats right Derek I suppose it is a bit difficult sometimes for new members to know exactly where to put it hey but no national emergency eh
Yeah, explaining why the post was moved by Brink and enlightening others who suggest creating new threads must have seemed a bit harsh.
Ah well mate no hearts broken and knowing Brink he would have done it in all sincerity and good faith cos he is just a very pleasant fellow - well he has always been that way with me and I am a bit of a pain at times. .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2013   #18
fireflymd

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnsmith45jock View Post
Glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Please, mark as SOLVED.

Best Regards!

John
Thanks. I really don't know why hp did not have the latest Intel graphics driver on their website, but I took a chance and downloaded the one on Intel's website and that worked. What a relief!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Mate back up all of your data in case this machine gives you problems again and then you can go a to a clean install using this and it will get rid of all the HP crapware too.
this is below and the second ref have a look it really is quite good at keeping the machine running at optimum. Just remember if you do fit a SSD no defrag and the rest you can pick what you like you don't have yo do all the tips

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Optimize Windows 7
I'll back it up and be prepared--thank you for the information, I really appreciate it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Yeah, explaining why the post was moved by Brink and enlightening others who suggest creating new threads must have seemed a bit harsh.
Oh, no worries. It did not seem harsh at all. I appreciate that there are people out there who really care to help the rest of us who know nothing about computers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2013   #19
AmericanPharaoh

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

@ Fireflymd,

The chip makers will always have the newest driver, if available.

So, always check there first.

It takes awhile for the System Builders to update their site with new drivers.

New Graphics Drivers, can change 4 times per year.

John
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2013   #20
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Yep as well as what ohn is saying I always download drivers when I get nw cards form the net as the disks they come wit are usually already dated


-Another John
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 screen resizes after waking from sleep




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Waking up from sleep causes black screen.
Sorry don't got much time so I do it quick, when I put my PC in sleep mode and wake it up I get a black screen which forces me to restart the PC. Any help?
Performance & Maintenance
Black Screen waking from sleep mode
I recently built an HTPC and it was working OK until last night. Iíve been using it mainly as an OTA DVR and it does wake up, record, etc. I went to program a recording & it was already awake & the HDD indicator LED was on. However the HDTV had a black screen with a message to select boot...
General Discussion
blank welcome screen after waking up from sleep
We have about 500 laptops with win 7 pro x64. We have had a few complaints that on occation, after a computer wakes up from sleep mode, the user sees the welcome screen, but no text or logon box - i.e. they can't se any text or textboxes, only the background image of the welcome screen. The only...
BSOD Help and Support
Blue screen when waking from sleep
Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1053 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 116 BCP1: FFFFFA8003BCE4E0 BCP2: FFFFF8800F226408 BCP3: 0000000000000000
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen at login after waking from sleep
I have a Macbook Pro running windows 7, every time i put my computer to sleep it crashes right after i wake it up at the login screen. The login screen appears for a second or two then i get the blue screen and it reboots. Ive attached my minidump files, so if anyone can look at them that would be...
BSOD Help and Support
blue screen error after waking up from sleep
Action Center says that I have powere management system driver that I need to install (Sony Firmware Extension Parser) from the sony website but the exe file wont install on windows 7. I also have a disk drive error and windows was unable to read my hard drive. Any help will be appreciated....
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App