Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Virus Deletion Now Makes Internet Access Impossible

19 Dec 2013   #1
Florida Rene

Windows 7 64
 
 
Virus Deletion Now Makes Internet Access Impossible

My main desktop PC (configuration below) worked fine accessing the Internet via Firefox, I.E., and Chrome until yesterday morning when AVG found and deleted these "dangerous" infections that had to have come via Firefox since it was the only software in use:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AdpeakProxy.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Adware Generic5.AKMV
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Adware Generic5.AKOC
C:\Temp\ScorpionSaver.exe

Agent Ransack confirms that all 4 of those files are NOT present now anywhere on C:\.

Since the AVG deletions, I've had no Internet Access via Firefox, I.E. 11, or Chrome, even though \ControlPanel\Network and Sharing says the computer is connected and \ControlPanel\Internet Properties says "You are already connected to the Internet".

I have tried System Restore for December 17, 13, 10, and 3. All completed successfully, but still no Internet Access even though Control Panel says it's connected.

My laptop and backup computer (using it now but hate to) work fine on the same cable modem connection for FF, IE, and Chrome.

Seven Forums has been very helpful previously, and I'm crossing my fingers
that someone wiser than me can help me to straighten out this very vexing snag.

Thanks in advance for your help.


Machine Setup:
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
3.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X4 640
512 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total), Not hyper-threaded
2000.40 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
841.63 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
6136 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Dec 2013   #2
Rawad

Windows 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Florida Rene View Post
My main desktop PC (configuration below) worked fine accessing the Internet via Firefox, I.E., and Chrome until yesterday morning when AVG found and deleted these "dangerous" infections that had to have come via Firefox since it was the only software in use:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AdpeakProxy.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Adware Generic5.AKMV
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Adware Generic5.AKOC
C:\Temp\ScorpionSaver.exe

Agent Ransack confirms that all 4 of those files are NOT present now anywhere on C:\.

Since the AVG deletions, I've had no Internet Access via Firefox, I.E. 11, or Chrome, even though \ControlPanel\Network and Sharing says the computer is connected and \ControlPanel\Internet Properties says "You are already connected to the Internet".

I have tried System Restore for December 17, 13, 10, and 3. All completed successfully, but still no Internet Access even though Control Panel says it's connected.

My laptop and backup computer (using it now but hate to) work fine on the same cable modem connection for FF, IE, and Chrome.

Seven Forums has been very helpful previously, and I'm crossing my fingers
that someone wiser than me can help me to straighten out this very vexing snag.

Thanks in advance for your help.


Machine Setup:
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
3.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X4 640
512 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total), Not hyper-threaded
2000.40 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
841.63 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
6136 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Have you tried using Malwarebytes?, maybe it didn't remove all the threats , it just removed some of them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2013   #3
Florida Rene

Windows 7 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rawad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Florida Rene View Post
My main desktop PC (configuration below) worked fine accessing the Internet via Firefox, I.E., and Chrome until yesterday morning when AVG found and deleted these "dangerous" infections that had to have come via Firefox since it was the only software in use:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AdpeakProxy.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Adware Generic5.AKMV
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Adware Generic5.AKOC
C:\Temp\ScorpionSaver.exe

Agent Ransack confirms that all 4 of those files are NOT present now anywhere on C:\.

Since the AVG deletions, I've had no Internet Access via Firefox, I.E. 11, or Chrome, even though \ControlPanel\Network and Sharing says the computer is connected and \ControlPanel\Internet Properties says "You are already connected to the Internet".

I have tried System Restore for December 17, 13, 10, and 3. All completed successfully, but still no Internet Access even though Control Panel says it's connected.

My laptop and backup computer (using it now but hate to) work fine on the same cable modem connection for FF, IE, and Chrome.

Seven Forums has been very helpful previously, and I'm crossing my fingers
that someone wiser than me can help me to straighten out this very vexing snag.

Thanks in advance for your help.


Machine Setup:
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
3.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X4 640
512 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total), Not hyper-threaded
2000.40 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
841.63 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
6136 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Have you tried using Malwarebytes?, maybe it didn't remove all the threats , it just removed some of them.
Yes, Malware Bytes and Security Essentials both said "no threats".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Dec 2013   #4
Rawad

Windows 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Is your Driver Adapter up to date?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2013   #5
Florida Rene

Windows 7 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rawad View Post
Is your Driver Adapter up to date?
Thank you for trying to help.

All drivers and updates (as far as I know) were up to date as of 7:45 a.m. 12/18/13. AVG deletions were at roughly 8:00 a.m. No internet access since those deletions.

Some Microsoft updates were marked for downloading prior to the deletions, and when I went to do them at about 8:10 a.m., suddenly there was no access. Emails continued arriving until about 7:50 a.m. 12/18/13, then no more.

It's still stymied. No incoming or outgoing Internet Access, yet the same cable modem connection works for the backup computer on which I'm typing this, and on my laptop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2013   #6
Rawad

Windows 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Florida Rene View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rawad View Post
Is your Driver Adapter up to date?
Thank you for trying to help.

All drivers and updates (as far as I know) were up to date as of 7:45 a.m. 12/18/13. AVG deletions were at roughly 8:00 a.m. No internet access since those deletions.

Some Microsoft updates were marked for downloading prior to the deletions, and when I went to do them at about 8:10 a.m., suddenly there was no access. Emails continued arriving until about 7:50 a.m. 12/18/13, then no more.

It's still stymied. No incoming or outgoing Internet Access, yet the same cable modem connection works for the backup computer on which I'm typing this, and on my laptop.
Yeah unfortunately I was unable to solve your problem , hopefully someone else will be able to help you solve your problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2013   #7
Florida Rene

Windows 7 64
 
 

Thank you for trying, Rawad.

I'll cross my fingers that someone wonderful comes to my rescue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2013   #8
tommytinkroom

Windows 7 home premium 64bit sp1
 
 

You could try this option,it worked for me when i had a similar problem to you.Try option 2.
DNS Resolver Cache - Flush and Reset in Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2013   #9
jdm6286

Windows 7
 
 

I have the same issue. came home to 5 instances of the generic5.AKMV and now nothing but internet explorer will connect to the internet. not sure about any solution... tried flushing my DNS, ip renew, and scanned with malwarebytes. no idea, PLEASE SAVE ME!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2013   #10
Florida Rene

Windows 7 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
You could try this option,it worked for me when i had a similar problem to you.Try option 2.
DNS Resolver Cache - Flush and Reset in Windows
Thanks, Tommy...but, I'm on Win 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Virus Deletion Now Makes Internet Access Impossible




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
impossible installing internet explorer 10 and 11
I'm italian.Hi everyone. I'm problem whit installation of internet explorer 10 and 11. Error WINDOWS UPDATE 9C47 I have run sfc /scannow Here the folder CBS Wikisend: free file sharing service I Copied the content of the Packages folder to the folder ...
Windows Updates & Activation
I added a password, now it's impossible to access my PC
A few months ago, I bought a PC from a company that didn't need it. I know the company and nothing was dodgy or unusual. I changed the user account from the girl that used to use it to my name and didn't set a password. Yesterday I set up a password as I needed to connect to my PC via...
General Discussion
Windows 7 File Access Impossible without system crash!
I have an Acer laptop with only 1gb memory and I am a frequent downloader of large files, be it music, video or picture. I am conservative with my use of memory, and I still possess over half of it free. However, ever since I downloaded a collection of videos a month or so ago, each time I...
Performance & Maintenance
Virus prevents internet access, block antivirus.
Microsoft Security Essentials has been blocked by the virus inducing the firewall. Even if I type virus security into chrome the virus crashes the browser. It gives warnings about the danger hardware damage.
System Security
Internet Access = Can't browse / No Internet Access = Nice Browsing ??
When my computer says Internet Access, I am having trouble browsing. Most pages do not load. Right now, It says no internet access for over 15 minutes and I am able to brose so much better and still going on downloading around 400 kb/s. How can this be? Why would it be? (I am on a wired...
Network & Sharing
Can't Access file for deletion with Admin Privileges
Hello, I am currently running W7 Ultimate 64 Bit with Norton 2011 and Comodo 5.????. I noticed I didn't have a site advisor on FF. So I installed McAfee. It seems to react after a file is downloaded and everything even Windows Gadgets are unsafe and must be blocked. I downloaded Norton Safe Web...
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App