Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help!

01 Mar 2014   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Help!

I am running internet explorer 11 on windows 7 home premium x64, and my start page WILL NOT change. A virus page, URL: SafeSear.ch, has taken over! I have tried many different things to remove it. I have gone into the registry under IE and have changed the start page with no luck. I reset Internet Explorer. I looked in 'processes' in task manager. I looked in control panel under programs. I run advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7. No luck with that either. I need to get it off soon, as it could get worse. Please help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Mar 2014   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Run Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti Malware

Both are free.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2014   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

I got a virus last week and ran the anti-virus everyday for a week. Sometimes it would find a trojan file and times not. Just keep running until it is gone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Mar 2014   #4

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Maybe these will help
. Somebody turned on SafeSearch.
It's like a parent control for web searching.
I would confide with the parents in the home.

SafeSearch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Safe Search for Kids. The Google safe search engine for kids with friendly search.

I highly recommend not using Advanced System Care by IoBit.
Many times it is used the only cure is a Clean Install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
But

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Maybe these will help
. Somebody turned on SafeSearch.
It's like a parent control for web searching.
I would confide with the parents in the home.

SafeSearch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Safe Search for Kids. The Google safe search engine for kids with friendly search.

I highly recommend not using Advanced System Care by IoBit.
Many times it is used the only cure is a Clean Install.
Nobody has installed SafeSear.ch onto my computer. It installed itself somehow, as I am the only one who uses the computer, and I did not install it. My homepage is google, but when I launch internet explorer, it goes to Safesearch. But okay if somehow it did get turned on, how do I turn it off?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by coltcobra View Post
I am running internet explorer 11 on windows 7 home premium x64, and my start page WILL NOT change. A virus page, URL: SafeSear.ch, has taken over! I have tried many different things to remove it. I have gone into the registry under IE and have changed the start page with no luck. I reset Internet Explorer. I looked in 'processes' in task manager. I looked in control panel under programs. I run advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7. No luck with that either. I need to get it off soon, as it could get worse. Please help.
The following link should help solve your problem;

Remove SafeSearch.net virus (Removal Guide)

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Do you have an Anti-Virus that runs periodically on your PC. If not, do as AddRam said in message 2 and download Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows and also Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Protect, Detect & Remove Malware From Your PC
Run them both at least weekly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Yes

I do run Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 periodically, but I saw you said not to. It does a great job, but cannot find the Safesearch Trojan virus. I will try those two suggested anti-virus programs. Have any of you had Safesearch infections?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #9

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by coltcobra View Post
I do run Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 periodically, but I saw you said not to. It does a great job, but cannot find the Safesearch Trojan virus. I will try those two suggested anti-virus programs. Have any of you had Safesearch infections?
If you want to remove SafeSearch, read the information in this post. Using prevention tools is a very good idea, but you already have an identified problem with detailed instructions on how to remove it.

Here is the information on how to remove SafeSearch;

SafeSearch.pdf


My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Okay, so I ran a scan on both programs. MSE found nothing. MalwareBytes found 10 malicious files, and said it had fixed them. I restarted my PC, ran another scan on malware bytes and it found nothing. So I went to open internet explorer, which still had a padlock symbol in the task bar, and it went right back to Safesearch. I have NO IDEA what to do now. I have tried everything, and I really don't think downloading yet another anti- virus is going to help. No idea what to do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help!




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33