Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: malwarebytes VS Mcafee


02 Mar 2014   #1

 
malwarebytes VS Mcafee

hey all

why does loads ppl say malwarebytes better than mcafee ?

always thought mcafee protects the pc more than malwarebytes.

anyone ?

matty


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Mar 2014   #2

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Comparing MBAM to McAfee is like comparing apples to kumquats. McAfee is an antivirus program. MBAM is an anti-malware program designed to be used with an antivirus program. Also, McAfee is a significantly less than stellar antivirus program whereas MBAM is an excellent one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pcmatty View Post
hey all

why does loads ppl say malwarebytes better than mcafee ?

always thought mcafee protects the pc more than malwarebytes.

anyone ?

matty
The reply from Lady Fitzgerald is spot on. I suggest you replace McAfee with almost anything: The free ones most often suggested are; Avast, Avira and BitDefender, in no particular order.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Mar 2014   #4

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote:
whereas MBAM is an excellent one.
Yeah. I would probably upgrade MBAM to the paid version if it automatically got rid of others like the Norton stuff that comes preloaded.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #5

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Quote:
whereas MBAM is an excellent one.
Yeah. I would probably upgrade MBAM to the paid version if it automatically got rid of others like the Norton stuff that comes preloaded.
It won't get rid of Norton but I would upgrade to the paid version while you still can get a lifetime license. The lifetime licenses are going away pretty soon so I would jump on it now rather take a chance on waiting for it to go on sale. It's only $30 here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #6

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

I have got to agree with all and McAfee for what it is worth along with a few others is a load of rubbish.
In any case one of the best AV's operates the keyboard to your machine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #7

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Comparing MBAM to McAfee is like comparing apples to kumquats. McAfee is an antivirus program. MBAM is an anti-malware program designed to be used with an antivirus program. Also, McAfee is a significantly less than stellar antivirus program whereas MBAM is an excellent one.
Amen to that.

While cleaning up computers for clients (home users and very small businesses), I use MBAM regularly to great effect. Almost as regularly, I remove McAfee (assuming it has expired, which it usually has) and install Avast free. I fear the day Malwarebytes eliminates the free version, as it is still the most effective malware remover I have found.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #9

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote:
The lifetime licenses are going away pretty soon
I only use the scanner anyway. Running with a real time shield is like taking a shower with a raincoat on. Backup imaging is free so why pay for a prophylactic that interferes with the functioning of the machine? It's just how I like to roll. But to me the paranoia itself becomes paralyzing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Quote:
The lifetime licenses are going away pretty soon
I only use the scanner anyway. Running with a real time shield is like taking a shower with a raincoat on. Backup imaging is free so why pay for a prophylactic that interferes with the functioning of the machine? It's just how I like to roll. But to me the paranoia itself becomes paralyzing.
And another Amen!

From time to time, I find the user who doesn't ignore their security. Instead, they have multiple AV and anti-malware programs installed and running in the background. Then they assume that their machine is running like death itself because somehow an infection got past their security. Their answer? Another virus/malware remover!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 malwarebytes VS Mcafee




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: malwarebytes VS Mcafee
Thread Forum
John McAfee hates McAfee !!! Chillout Room
Getting rid of McAfee Software
Mcafee over MSE System Security
Mcafee & 7 Software
Mcafee System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33