Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: A specified file causing permission problems.


16 Jul 2014   #11

 

Hello LuC1F3R,

How did you remove it, did you run the programs I gave you?

Please can you post a screenshot of what happens when you try to install/update anti-virus programs.

Run System File Checker - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jul 2014   #12

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LuC1F3R View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VinnyBuxton View Post
Hello LuC1F3R,

After doing some searching, I don't think that wserver.exe is safe to have on your computer.

Run a scan with the following programs:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/
AdwCleaner Download

Malwarebytes will product a log, please can you upload it to here? Navigate to: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs and upload the logs to here, which have todays date.

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton
Hello, thanks for replying i have somehow removed it from my computer but the permission problem is still not fixed, i tried to restore back to system setting with Rizonesoft it did the job but its still not letting me install any anti virus or any software (Which requires higher permissions) i tried to install ESET, it had problems in writing the keys into registries so i am kinda still stuck with the same and excuse my english

I don't even know anymore.
I just tried the malware bytes its having the same permission issue, i can barely install anything gahh

PS : Yes, i tried going in the security tab on the properties of the file did'nt work.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #13

 

Hello LuC1F3R,

Can you confirm that you've managed to install it, but that's happening when you try to open it?

Have you run System File Checker? Please run Disk Check also:
Disk Check

You can try downloading these scanners, which you can download on a different computer, put onto a disk and then put it into the computer which has the problems:

What is Windows Defender Offline? - Windows Help
Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
How To - Remove threats - Removal Tools | F-Secure
How to create a Bitdefender Rescue CD
Download Avira Rescue System | Official Website
http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-rescue-cd-download
Dr.Web LiveCD ? ???? ?????????? ?????????????? ???????
SUPERAntiSpyware - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Jul 2014   #14

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VinnyBuxton View Post
Hello LuC1F3R,

Can you confirm that you've managed to install it, but that's happening when you try to open it?

Have you run System File Checker? Please run Disk Check also:
Disk Check

You can try downloading these scanners, which you can download on a different computer, put onto a disk and then put it into the computer which has the problems:

What is Windows Defender Offline? - Windows Help
Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
How To - Remove threats - Removal Tools | F-Secure
How to create a Bitdefender Rescue CD
Download Avira Rescue System | Official Website
http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-rescue-cd-download
Dr.Web LiveCD ? ???? ?????????? ?????????????? ???????
SUPERAntiSpyware - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton

Okay, i am going to sfc scan now and thanks alot for all the help
give me a second while it completes.

EDIT : i don't know if you're aware of Team viewer, but if you do know what it is, ill be real thankful ff you're ready to help me straight from Team view.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #15

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
Link

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LuC1F3R View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Callender View Post
See this post to see if it helps you to delete the file:

Cannot delete o byte file that "doesn't exist"

Suggest the second method to try first.

Edit:

You need PowerTool x86 V4.6 (en).zip for 32bit Windows

As for any malware that's lurking on your machine - I'll leave that for other members who have more experience in that area to deal with.
Hi, Thanks for replying seem like UVk didnt worked at all but i am going to check out the other one oh.. .-.

EDIT : The page link you've gave says powertool is for x64
but here you've said its for 32bit? what.
The original post advised the user to download the 64it version bit as he/she uses a 64bit machine but your system specs say 32bit so I would assume that the 32bit version is what you need.

Two download links for different versions. 64bit for 64bit machines like the OP in the original thread is using and 32bit for 32bit machines like yours. Unless your system specs are wrong.

Name:  Power Tool.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  40.7 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #16

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Callender View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LuC1F3R View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Callender View Post
See this post to see if it helps you to delete the file:

Cannot delete o byte file that "doesn't exist"

Suggest the second method to try first.

Edit:

You need PowerTool x86 V4.6 (en).zip for 32bit Windows

As for any malware that's lurking on your machine - I'll leave that for other members who have more experience in that area to deal with.
Hi, Thanks for replying seem like UVk didnt worked at all but i am going to check out the other one oh.. .-.

EDIT : The page link you've gave says powertool is for x64
but here you've said its for 32bit? what.
The original post advised the user to download the 64it version bit as he/she uses a 64bit machine but your system specs say 32bit so I would assume that the 32bit version is what you need.
Hey Callender , Thanks for the reply i've removed the following file through FilExile, but the permissions are still not working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #17

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 
My sfc scan

Here is my sfc scan


Attached Files
File Type: rar sfc scan.rar (192.8 KB, 3 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #18

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
Permissions fix

Well I'm no expert on fixing permissions. Glad you managed to remove the file!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #19

 

Hello Luc1f3r,

Please can you change that into a .TXT file?

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #20

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VinnyBuxton View Post
Hello Luc1f3r,

Please can you change that into a .TXT file?

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton
i tried to upload as .txt but the file is 5mb and 1mb is limit for text files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 A specified file causing permission problems.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: A specified file causing permission problems.
Thread Forum
Copy files to new PC - file permission problems General Discussion
Solved File Permission Problems. Windows 7 has Pwnershipped me. System Security
Permission Problems General Discussion
permission problems Microsoft Office
Permission Problems... General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33