Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: A specified file causing permission problems.

15 Jul 2014   #1
LuC1F3R

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 
A specified file causing permission problems.

There is a specified file which is causing my whole computer 0x8007005 (ACCESS DENIED)

I know what the file causing it, but i cannot delete it.

its in my system32 dir, C:\Windows\system32\Windows Server\wserver.exe

" wsever.exe " is not a windows legit file i assume and the icon of the following is the icon of the following game " South Park - The Stick Of Truth "

whever i try to delete the file it gives me a error and it tells me to get permission from myself (i am the only owner/admin in the computer)

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers




Attached Thumbnails
-omg.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Jul 2014   #2
LuC1F3R

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 
PS

PS : i also tried the security tab thing, i got the whole access to the file yet not letting me delete.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2014   #3
kma1717

Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit
 
 

Hi,

Try booting into Safe Mode and deleting it. Restart the pc and hit the F8 button to get into Safe Mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jul 2014   #4
LuC1F3R

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 
Reply to kma

I tried it but still its not letting me, i even tried to boot into recovery mode and delete it through cmd with command "del C:Windows\system32\Windows Server\wserver"

And yeah, the following is only seeable when using explorer link.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2014   #5
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan[/b]
  1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  2. Click the button.
  3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Check
  5. Click the button.
  6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  7. Check
  8. Push the Start button.
  9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  10. When the scan completes, push
  11. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  12. Push the button.
  13. Push
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2014   #6
LuC1F3R

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 
Can not get update

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan[/b]
  1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  2. Click the button.
  3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Check
  5. Click the button.
  6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  7. Check
  8. Push the Start button.
  9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  10. When the scan completes, push
  11. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  12. Push the button.
  13. Push
i tried to do the following but this happened before it could even start...


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2014   #7
Callender

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Suggestion

See this post to see if it helps you to delete the file:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ml#post2824798

Suggest the second method to try first.

Edit:

You need PowerTool x86 V4.6 (en).zip for 32bit Windows

As for any malware that's lurking on your machine - I'll leave that for other members who have more experience in that area to deal with.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #8
LuC1F3R

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Callender View Post
See this post to see if it helps you to delete the file:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ml#post2824798

Suggest the second method to try first.

Edit:

You need PowerTool x86 V4.6 (en).zip for 32bit Windows

As for any malware that's lurking on your machine - I'll leave that for other members who have more experience in that area to deal with.
Hi, Thanks for replying seem like UVk didnt worked at all but i am going to check out the other one oh.. .-.

EDIT : The page link you've gave says powertool is for x64
but here you've said its for 32bit? what.


Attached Thumbnails
-fg.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #9
Vuxy

 

Hello LuC1F3R,

After doing some searching, I don't think that wserver.exe is safe to have on your computer.

Run a scan with the following programs:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/
AdwCleaner Download

Malwarebytes will product a log, please can you upload it to here? Navigate to: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs and upload the logs to here, which have todays date.

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #10
LuC1F3R

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VinnyBuxton View Post
Hello LuC1F3R,

After doing some searching, I don't think that wserver.exe is safe to have on your computer.

Run a scan with the following programs:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/
AdwCleaner Download

Malwarebytes will product a log, please can you upload it to here? Navigate to: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs and upload the logs to here, which have todays date.

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton
Hello, thanks for replying i have somehow removed it from my computer but the permission problem is still not fixed, i tried to restore back to system setting with Rizonesoft it did the job but its still not letting me install any anti virus or any software (Which requires higher permissions) i tried to install ESET, it had problems in writing the keys into registries so i am kinda still stuck with the same and excuse my english

I don't even know anymore.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 A specified file causing permission problems.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Copy files to new PC - file permission problems
I've just bought a new laptop and I need to move my personal files from the old one to the new one. I've tried several methods, but they all give me problems with certain files: some files (and I have not been able to find any pattern here) will simply not copy over. What I've done: Move files...
General Discussion
You don't have permission to open this file . . . but it's MY file.
I'm receiving this message on pretty much every Office file I try to open - word, publisher etc. I've tried changing ownership but get an "access denied" message. I'm the only one who uses this computer. I tried doing a clean start up with same problem. I'm not computer tech savvy but can...
General Discussion
File Permission Problems. Windows 7 has Pwnershipped me.
I don't mean to "bump" an old thread so I'm going to post a new topic. I have been all over the internet, and searched FAR AND WIDE, even tried rewording things many different ways, but nothing is helping and so now I'm here. My username should just about explain to you what mental state I am...
System Security
Permission Problems
So here's the story. I have two partitions that I use, the main one with my OS on it and the other with files on it. So yesterday I decided I wanted to reinstall Windows just to give it a good clear out. Before I did I copied a couple folders and files from my desktop to my other partition. I then...
General Discussion
permission problems
I have a cd with outlook files from a previous version that was created by the geek Squad. Trying to import these files into 2010. I keep getting this message: file access denied,you do not have permission required to access. I have tried right click, properties, but no security tab to change...
Microsoft Office
Permission problems
Hi I am new to the forum and wasn't sure where to post this so bear with me. I have followed tutorials on how to set permissions to accounts but I have a problem. I checked all the permissions for all the accounts except guest but I get the message that I need permission from the admin to...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:36.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App