Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Burnt out from error error error! Time to go back to Paper.

22 Oct 2014   #111
Elljay

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

I ran the Defrag gregrocker.
I last part of it just stayed there for 2 hours. So I shut it down...
I am wondering if I should I run it again?




Attached Images
Burnt out from error error error! Time to go back to Paper.-defrag1.png Burnt out from error error error! Time to go back to Paper.-defrag-3.png Burnt out from error error error! Time to go back to Paper.-defrag-2.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Oct 2014   #112
gregrocker

 

Sure you can run it again to see if it will complete. It may be choking on a real large file like your ISO. You don't need to do the full Disk check again, just a regular one is fine.

I'd also enable Intelligent Optimizer on the Additional Operations tab which moves the most used files to the outer edge of the disk for faster reading by the disk reader.

If you suspect overheating you can also install CoreTemp and put the temps in your System Tray to monitor. They'll turn orange or red if getting too hot. If it's really running hot you can set it to Hibernate (shut down saving all your pending work) when it reaches the suggested Max.

You've learned a lot from the Clean Reinstall. Stick around and help others if you want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2014   #113
Elljay

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

I am checking this thread as solved
Thank you all for your help ICit2lol, Anak and gregrocker. I sincerely appreciate it.


Attached Images
Burnt out from error error error! Time to go back to Paper.-desk-top.png Burnt out from error error error! Time to go back to Paper.-anak.png Burnt out from error error error! Time to go back to Paper.-cheers-mate.png Burnt out from error error error! Time to go back to Paper.-gregrocker.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Oct 2014   #114
Elljay

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Sure you can run it again to see if it will complete. It may be choking on a real large file like your ISO. You don't need to do the full Disk check again, just a regular one is fine.

I'd also enable Intelligent Optimizer on the Additional Operations tab which moves the most used files to the outer edge of the disk for faster reading by the disk reader.

If you suspect overheating you can also install CoreTemp and put the temps in your System Tray to monitor. They'll turn orange or red if getting too hot. If it's really running hot you can set it to Hibernate (shut down saving all your pending work) when it reaches the suggested Max.

You've learned a lot from the Clean Reinstall. Stick around and help others if you want.
O.K. gregrocker, I'll do this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2014   #115
Anak

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

What a wonderful ending to a thread, thank you for your kind words Elljay, it was a pleasure helping you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2014   #116
Elljay

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
What a wonderful ending to a thread, thank you for your kind words Elljay, it was a pleasure helping you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2014   #117
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

I didn't do much but as Anak has said - to have a happy and very pleasant ending is nice to know
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2014   #118
Elljay

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
I didn't do much but as Anak has said - to have a happy and very pleasant ending is nice to know
Well now, I guess that just depends what side of the fence yer on mate.
I learned a fair deal from your input. Like bootable rescue discs and what not.
Didn't know that before. That sent me on a searches all over the place and like I said; I now have a nice little collection. I really like Ubuntu too.
So thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2014   #119
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

No probs Eli and just if you are interested this site has an enormous bank of info and downloads for free stuff ie AV and rootkit scanners etc Probably the Best Free Security List in the World - Part I you just have to type in search for what you want it is genrally available.
For example type in rootkit scans and you will see what I mean
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2014   #120
Elljay

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
No probs Eli and just if you are interested this site has an enormous bank of info and downloads for free stuff ie AV and rootkit scanners etc Probably the Best Free Security List in the World - Part I you just have to type in search for what you want it is genrally available.
For example type in rootkit scans and you will see what I mean
Great ICit2lol, I'll check it out. Thanks for the link.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Burnt out from error error error! Time to go back to Paper.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Every time i try to back up pc i get error code 0x81000019. Help
Hi can anyone please help, I have been trying to backup my pc. Windows 7 every time I try I get an error code 0x81000019. I am a novice when it comes to these sort of things and this error code is really getting me worried that my pc is going to stop working or even worse so any help will be...
General Discussion
Application Error Run-Time Error 7 Out of Memory
Hi Forum Users, There is a program that i am trying to install from an xp machine to a windows 7 pc , There is an error which states Run-Time error '7' out of memory when i am trying to open up a database , I have tried to increase the available virtual Ram to 3GB but the same...
Virtualization
New built computer bsod's time to time.stop error 0x000000a
it happens time to time and is usually when i open adobe photoshop,aftereffects. Also i cannot seem to open any kind of games on my new computer like fifa 13 ,nfs etc. I have an i7 3770 and 8 gb ddr3 corsair RAM with 1 tb hdd and motherboard is msi B75MA-P45 and geforce gtx560 for graphics card. my...
BSOD Help and Support
Run-time error 0, Run-time error 440 automation erro
Run-time error 0, Run-time error 440 automation error come up when i try to start malware byes it work for me and now these errors come up
BSOD Help and Support
Printer "out of paper" error
I have an HP Deskjet F4280, and as of yesterday, 7 is saying that the printer is out of paper, when it clearly isn't. The funny thing is, I installed the printer in XP Mode as well, and it prints fine from there. Strange issue. Has anybody ever encountered this?
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App