Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Computer won't restart after uninstalling Avast software

13 Jun 2015   #21
WebkinzDiva1

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Sorry, I sent you the wrong article!

Instead do this:
  1. Put CD into CD Drive
  2. Restart PC
  3. On Restart press F12 repeatedly until the boot menu shows
  4. Select CD/DVD Drive
  5. Press Enter
This should work, let me know what happens.
Thank you so much. I have to do some work for my company for a while but will do it as soon as I get back. Please don't give up on me. You are all I have and I really appreciate you.
No worries! Post back when you've repaired from the CD.
I did all of this and now there is a screen that says System Recovery Options and has these options
Startup Repair
System Restore
System Image Recovery
Windows Memory Diagnostic
Command Prompt
HP Recovery Manager

I don't know what to do now. Please help. Thanks. I know it's the weekend so if you don't get this to me until Monday, I really understand. Hope you are having a great weekend.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Jun 2015   #22
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Need to press 'Start-up Repair'

Hope this helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2015   #23
WebkinzDiva1

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Need to press 'Start-up Repair'

Hope this helps.
Pressed Startup Repair and it said "Startup Repair couldn't detect a problem and said that thing about disconnecting any recently attached devices which I had already done. At the bottom of the diagnosis and repair details it says "Boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully" and does not show that corrupted file as it had been showing. Is this because it booted from the CD and not the actual computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jun 2015   #24
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Need to press 'Start-up Repair'

Hope this helps.
Pressed Startup Repair and it said "Startup Repair couldn't detect a problem and said that thing about disconnecting any recently attached devices which I had already done. At the bottom of the diagnosis and repair details it says "Boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully" and does not show that corrupted file as it had been showing. Is this because it booted from the CD and not the actual computer?
No, this usually means that the problem may have fixed itself.

To double-check this, we need to do two more things.
  1. On the CD boot, instead of pressing 'Start-up Repair', press: 'Command Line'
  2. Then insert this into the command line: SFC /SCANNOW < then press ENTER
  3. After this has completed, on the next line type: chkdsk D: /r < then press ENTER
After this close the command line and Restart the computer, hopefully it will boot successfully!


P.S: If chkdsk D: /r starts to bring up loads of lines mentioning 'bad sectors' just let it run, this means that it is working.


Let me know how it goes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2015   #25
WebkinzDiva1

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Need to press 'Start-up Repair'

Hope this helps.
Pressed Startup Repair and it said "Startup Repair couldn't detect a problem and said that thing about disconnecting any recently attached devices which I had already done. At the bottom of the diagnosis and repair details it says "Boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully" and does not show that corrupted file as it had been showing. Is this because it booted from the CD and not the actual computer?
No, this usually means that the problem may have fixed itself.

To double-check this, we need to do two more things.
  1. On the CD boot, instead of pressing 'Start-up Repair', press: 'Command Line'
  2. Then insert this into the command line: SFC /SCANNOW < then press ENTER
  3. After this has completed, on the next line type: chkdsk D: /r < then press ENTER
After this close the command line and Restart the computer, hopefully it will boot successfully!


P.S: If chkdsk D: /r starts to bring up loads of lines mentioning 'bad sectors' just let it run, this means that it is working.


Let me know how it goes.
It is telling me SFC isnot recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file


Ooops sorry, on my email message there was a *before and after what I was supposed to type so I put that in without *s and now it started and then stopped and says There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2015   #26
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post

Pressed Startup Repair and it said "Startup Repair couldn't detect a problem and said that thing about disconnecting any recently attached devices which I had already done. At the bottom of the diagnosis and repair details it says "Boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully" and does not show that corrupted file as it had been showing. Is this because it booted from the CD and not the actual computer?
No, this usually means that the problem may have fixed itself.

To double-check this, we need to do two more things.
  1. On the CD boot, instead of pressing 'Start-up Repair', press: 'Command Line'
  2. Then insert this into the command line: SFC /SCANNOW < then press ENTER
  3. After this has completed, on the next line type: chkdsk D: /r < then press ENTER
After this close the command line and Restart the computer, hopefully it will boot successfully!


P.S: If chkdsk D: /r starts to bring up loads of lines mentioning 'bad sectors' just let it run, this means that it is working.


Let me know how it goes.
It is telling me SFC isnot recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file


Ooops sorry, on my email message there was a *before and after what I was supposed to type so I put that in without *s and now it started and then stopped and says There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again.
Hmm interesting...

Restart your computer and see if it boots all the way to the desktop.

Let me know what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2015   #27
WebkinzDiva1

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post

No, this usually means that the problem may have fixed itself.

To double-check this, we need to do two more things.
  1. On the CD boot, instead of pressing 'Start-up Repair', press: 'Command Line'
  2. Then insert this into the command line: SFC /SCANNOW < then press ENTER
  3. After this has completed, on the next line type: chkdsk D: /r < then press ENTER
After this close the command line and Restart the computer, hopefully it will boot successfully!


P.S: If chkdsk D: /r starts to bring up loads of lines mentioning 'bad sectors' just let it run, this means that it is working.


Let me know how it goes.
It is telling me SFC isnot recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file


Ooops sorry, on my email message there was a *before and after what I was supposed to type so I put that in without *s and now it started and then stopped and says There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again.
Hmm interesting...

Restart your computer and see if it boots all the way to the desktop.

Let me know what happens.
Sorry about a really dumb question but should I leave the disc in or take it out? I left the disc in and clicked on the restart and it went through some gyrations and then that loop thing came up again and said Windows cannot repair this computer automatically.

I decided to go back to starting from the boot disc and F12 and this time went straight to Comman Prompt but when I put in SFC/SCANNOW, it did the same thing about a system repair pending. Am I too much of a problem for you? I don't mean to be. I really appreciate your help and I'm trying to do everything exactly as you say and report what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2015   #28
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post
Sorry about a really dumb question but should I leave the disc in or take it out? I left the disc in and clicked on the restart and it went through some gyrations and then that loop thing came up again and said Windows cannot repair this computer automatically.

I decided to go back to starting from the boot disc and F12 and this time went straight to Comman Prompt but when I put in SFC/SCANNOW, it did the same thing about a system repair pending. Am I too much of a problem for you? I don't mean to be. I really appreciate your help and I'm trying to do everything exactly as you say and report what happens.
No, it's absolutely fine! That's what we're here for!

Thanks for reporting back, it helps us a lot too. You could leave the disc in, it wouldn't make a difference, just when windows says 'Press any key to boot from cd...' dont press anything.

Okay if it keeps looping, follow these instructions: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Let me know how you get on, or if you get stuck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2015   #29
WebkinzDiva1

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post
Sorry about a really dumb question but should I leave the disc in or take it out? I left the disc in and clicked on the restart and it went through some gyrations and then that loop thing came up again and said Windows cannot repair this computer automatically.

I decided to go back to starting from the boot disc and F12 and this time went straight to Comman Prompt but when I put in SFC/SCANNOW, it did the same thing about a system repair pending. Am I too much of a problem for you? I don't mean to be. I really appreciate your help and I'm trying to do everything exactly as you say and report what happens.
No, it's absolutely fine! That's what we're here for!

Thanks for reporting back, it helps us a lot too. You could leave the disc in, it wouldn't make a difference, just when windows says 'Press any key to boot from cd...' dont press anything.

Okay if it keeps looping, follow these instructions: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Let me know how you get on, or if you get stuck.
Thank you so much for these instructions. I have to stop and get something to eat. Haven't eaten all day worrying about this computer and I'm getting light headed and I want a clear head when I start on this. I made one attempt by just letting it start and go into the loop but when I tried to pull up the screen with options, it brought up that box that wants me to sign in as administrator which I am but it won't let me put in the user name and when I try to put in the password it won't accept it. I have to try to get to that screen the way we were doing it before as it let me into command with no problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2015   #30
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebkinzDiva1 View Post
Sorry about a really dumb question but should I leave the disc in or take it out? I left the disc in and clicked on the restart and it went through some gyrations and then that loop thing came up again and said Windows cannot repair this computer automatically.

I decided to go back to starting from the boot disc and F12 and this time went straight to Comman Prompt but when I put in SFC/SCANNOW, it did the same thing about a system repair pending. Am I too much of a problem for you? I don't mean to be. I really appreciate your help and I'm trying to do everything exactly as you say and report what happens.
No, it's absolutely fine! That's what we're here for!

Thanks for reporting back, it helps us a lot too. You could leave the disc in, it wouldn't make a difference, just when windows says 'Press any key to boot from cd...' dont press anything.

Okay if it keeps looping, follow these instructions: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Let me know how you get on, or if you get stuck.
Thank you so much for these instructions. I have to stop and get something to eat. Haven't eaten all day worrying about this computer and I'm getting light headed and I want a clear head when I start on this. I made one attempt by just letting it start and go into the loop but when I tried to pull up the screen with options, it brought up that box that wants me to sign in as administrator which I am but it won't let me put in the user name and when I try to put in the password it won't accept it. I have to try to get to that screen the way we were doing it before as it let me into command with no problem.
Yes, if you go back to one of my previous posts explaining how to access the boot CD then I'm sure you'll be able to get it to work!

Let me know if you get stuck or need any help.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Computer won't restart after uninstalling Avast software




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows will not boot up after uninstalling Avast Antivirus.
Has anyone else had this problem and might know how to fix it? I just did the normal uninstall and then when it asked to restart to finish removing everything like usual, my computer would not load windows anymore. I can get the Acer logo page, but then when it goes to the booting page, all i get...
General Discussion
BSOD upon uninstalling avast & installing kaspersky
Hi everyone, Recently i bought kaspersky for my laptop, so i decided to use it for my CPU too I was initially using avast, which was a conflict to kaspersky, so i tried to uninstall it, but failed So i used the avast uninstaller to uninstall it and installed kaspersky Next day the CPU...
BSOD Help and Support
Problem with uninstalling avast
Hello, I had Avast antivirus and now i want to uninstall it but when i click uninstall in Programs&Features it just doesen't do anything
Software
BSOD When Uninstalling a software.
Hello , A friend had called me in to check on her computer that froze on the Bios startup screen, so I removed allUSB devices attached, except for those required (Mouse & Keyboard). When I powered on the computer it manage to boot into windows. From there I decided to uninstall any unnecessary...
BSOD Help and Support
Uninstalling AVAST Anti virus
Hi I have just purchesed norton gold 360 and it says that I need to uninstall avast to make it work. when I try to delete the folder it says "you require perrmission from laptop pc/laptop to make changes to this folder. please help Scott
Software
ALWIL Software is AVAST Software
AVAST Software is the new company name
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App