Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Mcafee AV Suite

18 Nov 2009   #1
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 
Mcafee AV Suite

A word of advice to all my friends, here, at Seven Forums. I have Mcafee AV Suite, as my AV protection. I use it only because it is included free by my ISP, ATT. Well, it automatically updated, then indicated that it had to shut down. It asked to restart, now. Well, I said yes. Mcafee shut down my computer. When it booted up, all my side gadgets were gone. I went to search so I could reinstall, well it was hosed. I had to use system restore to roll back. When Mcafee, asked again to reinstall the updates and asked to shut down, I said no, and did it myself. Well, the computer restarted with no problems.
Bottom line, if you are using Mcafee and you have to shut down and it asks for permission, say no. Restart the computer, yourself.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Nov 2009   #2
gamepro127

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
A word of advice to all my friends, here, at Seven Forums. I have Mcafee AV Suite, as my AV protection. I use it only because it is included free by my ISP, ATT. Well, it automatically updated, then indicated that it had to shut down. It asked to restart, now. Well, I said yes. Mcafee shut down my computer. When it booted up, all my side gadgets were gone. I went to search so I could reinstall, well it was hosed. I had to use system restore to roll back. When Mcafee, asked again to reinstall the updates and asked to shut down, I said no, and did it myself. Well, the computer restarted with no problems.
Bottom line, if you are using Mcafee and you have to shut down and it asks for permission, say no. Restart the computer, yourself.

Thanks for the info, richc! Although I dont use Mcafee, Im sure some good members on sevenforums will find this info useful!

(Oh, and sense when does ATT offer Mcafee for free?)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #3
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

@gamepro
I have a friend in SC, who uses ATT ISP (her local company is South East or something), and she does not get Mcafee for free. I have ATT ISP, but am in the NY area. My local company is SBC, and I get the fee offer. If you are interested call your local att and see what they offer. Incidentally, great deals with combined Local, Long Distance and Internet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2009   #4
gamepro127

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
@gamepro
I have a friend in SC, who uses ATT ISP (her local company is South East or something), and she does not get Mcafee for free. I have ATT ISP, but am in the NY area. My local company is SBC, and I get the fee offer. If you are interested call your local att and see what they offer. Incidentally, great deals with combined Local, Long Distance and Internet.
All I could find is this:
AT&T Premium Internet Security Suite
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #5
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

@gamepro
Thats what they call their security, but trust me it is Mcafee. It even says Mcafee on the Icon. Furthermore, any problems, the the support number is, thats right, Mcafee.


Google: ATT Security Suite Mcafee
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #6
gamepro127

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
@gamepro
Thats what they call their security, but trust me it is Mcafee. It even says Mcafee on the Icon. Furthermore, any problems, the the support number is, thats right, Mcafee.


Google: ATT Security Suite Mcafee
Thanks for the info, Richc.
Im currently having problems with Defensewall...
Mcafee dident do so good in my personal test (Doesnt do a good job blocking) and also added an extra few minutes on the boot-time of my VirtualBox so I wouldent recommend it...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Mcafee AV Suite




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
AI Suite III Voltage
Just recently noticed when when i'm overclocking my Haswell i7 4770K mobo maximus vi formula I set manual voltage to the CPU 1.210 the AI SUITE III reports back with a slightly higher CPU voltage if i use a 3rd party software programme CPU voltage is 1.110 Is AI SUITE misleading me Any...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
John McAfee hates McAfee !!!
Guys Thought this would bring in some much needed laugh :D bKgf5PaBzyg p.s let me know if this isn't appropriate .. will delete the post !!
Chillout Room
Nokia PC suite and Ovi suite
Hello friends what is diffrence between Nokia PC suite and Nokia OVI suite????
Software
Do I need a Suite?
I don't need Anti-Spam or System Utilities. I'm currently using KIS2k11, and I'm just wondering if I need the Suite, or am I better off using something like Avast.
System Security
pc suite
how can i load or run my 16bit programme cd on windows7 as i do not have 32bit pc suite cd sonyericsson{ k550i}:rolleyes:
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App