|10 Feb 2010||#2|
| || |
How to re-lock a Bitlocker drive
So you've turned on Bitlocker encryption for a drive. You've unlocked it and done your work, but how do you re-lock it? Here's how to add an entry to the right-click context menu to re-lock the drive.
1. Open up Notepad and type in the following, replacing 'E:' with the drive letter of your Bitlocker drive:
manage-bde -lock E: forcedismount2. Save the file as lock.bat somewhere accessible, such as C:\Windows or C:\Program Files\
3. Open up Registry Editor. Navigate to the following Key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell4. Create a new key named runas with the default value set to Lock.
5. Now right-click on runas in the left window pane and create a new key called command.
6. Set the value of the Default Entry to c:\windows\lock.bat or whatever locaiton you chose at step 2.
7. Navigate back to the runas key and create a new String Value called AppliesTo. Set the value to E: or whichever drive you have encrypted.
8. Goto Windows Explorer and test your new right-click context menu entry!
Use caution when in Registry!
This feature is implemented in Vista, so I guess it will be in Windows 7 too.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Lock Drive with Bitlocker?|
|BitLocker Drive Encryption - BitLocker To Go - Turn On or Off||Tutorials|
|BitLocker Drive Encryption - Suspend or Resume Protection on Windows 7 Drive||Tutorials|
|Bitlocker - Lock an Unlocked Drive||Tutorials|
|How to add to lock the bitlocker drive context menu?||General Discussion|
|Bitlocker: Lock an Unlocked Drive||System Security|
|I tried to lock my D drive with bitlocker||General Discussion|
|Cannot lock drive with bitlocker.||System Security|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.